Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 02, 2023

Saturday


 A warm morning at 47 degrees and cloudy.
Got to town at 6:30 and sun rise was at 7:19.

I parked in the library parking lot this time instead of by the pond.
I had to drop off the Welsh Cookies at the Town Hall which is 
right next door.
It was too early for anyone to be there yet so I walked around town
a while and later when there was some activity going on at the Hall
I got the cookies out of the car and brought them over.

I walked through town and out to the curve in the road and went up the
farm road a little ways and turned around.


Found glove number two and put it up on a post.


Next I walked to the ball park and walked the loop.
From there it was over to the cemeteries.

The garage at the modular home is finished.
It came in parts they just had to be put together.
I think it is a fine looking garage!!


One of the doctors from the medical clinic was there in the parking lot
putting a new battery in his car.  
I stopped to say hi.

Funny thing walking past the parking lot where I usually park,
for a split second I thought oh no my Jeeps not there.
Then I remembered it was at the library.

On the way to town I had to stop the car and let 4 deer cross the road.

Morning Walk Steps 12,919

☁️    🎄    😃

We went to the DG Market this morning.
Looked through the boxed Christmas cards they had but didn't
 see any that I liked.
We're going take a ride over to Uniontown, Pa sometime
in the coming week and I'll get some probably at Hobby Lobby.

No one was going to be at the library knitting this morning so
I decided to stay home too.

I didn't do anything this afternoon except sit and read.
Couldn't put the book down.
The Family Plot by Megan Collins
I read the reviews and apparently not many people agree with
me thinking it was very good.
I guess it was just a bit too creepy for most people.

Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳



11 comments:

Bill said...

That is a nice and big garage.

Dianna said...

That garage is quite nice! I put our Christmas cards in the mail today but then remembered a few more I still need to do. :)

Your ornaments are pretty. I decorated our little tree last night with my grandma's Christmas ornaments.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you enjoyed 'The Family Plot'
I sat and read awhile today ... so relaxing.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...the garage looks like it has living space on a second floor.

MELODY JACOB said...

That is a big garage.
I just shared a new post and would love for you to check it out. Thanks a bunch!
https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/12/festive-and-heartwarming-holiday-films.html

Ann said...

That is a nice looking garage. With the windows on the upper part I wonder if there is a second story or at least a loft.
I like your ornament. That's cute.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful landscapes, I like the view of the farm.
The garage looks great.
Pretty Christmas ornaments.
Take care, have a wonderful week!

Debbie said...

That's the nicest garage I've ever seen :) They're going to have to really do some work to make the home match it.

I like your nice day of reading :)

Jeanette said...

That is a nice garage! I wonder if there is a living space above it?

Deb J. in Utah said...

I want to read that book. Wow, that is a nice garage - looks like it will be bigger than the house itself. I hope the week ahead is a good one for you!

ellen b. said...

That is a very nice looking garage!