Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 01, 2023

Back to outside walking

Lots of snow melting going on over night with warmer temperatures
and I was able to finally to get back outside to walk.

It was 37 degrees this morning when I got to town at 6:45.
Sunrise was at 7:18
 
Walked over to the library first and dropped a DVD down the slot.
The sky was pretty for a short while
Then the color left and it was cloudy.


Work has continued again on the second new house.


Walked over to the ball park and walked the loop a couple of times.
Most of the snow is now gone and just patches here and there are left.


After a few thousand steps I felt the first drops of rain
and the rest of my walk was in a light drizzle.
Didn't care though because as least I was outside!!

Walked around both of the cemeteries and then up and down
some side streets.

Rain drops on the pond.


Morning Walk Steps 13,427

☁️    😃    🌧    🎄   

After breakfast I baked a birthday cake for Liz.
Today is her birthday.
She chose to have one of those pudding cakes. 
She picked a lemon cake with vanilla pudding.
Not a combination I would have chosen but it was really good!!!
They came by and we all enjoyed a piece of cake a happy visit.
David is taking her out for dinner down in LaVale.

 Friday is pizza day for us and it is time to make it now.

That's all for today.
Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳
  

10 comments:

Tom said...

...our morning was nice and I did soom outdoor work and straightened up the barn. Walking in for lunch and rain started falling on my bald head! Enjoy your evening, Karen.

Dianna said...

The sky is beautiful! Love the purplish pink hues. A Happy Birthday to Liz! The cake sounds really good.

We had meatloaf tonight for supper...your recipe! We were busy processing deer meat the majority of the day and I didn't get it in the crockpot but did it in the oven...placing the "loaf" on a baking sheet with tin foil like you mentioned earlier that you had seen. The meatloaf was delicious! I would never have thought to put sage in the meatloaf, or nutmeg in the sauce for the topping, but it was so nice and moist and just really good!

Oh...and look at your beautiful pink depression glass! Such pretty pieces. I had my parental grandmother's and enjoyed it for years and then passed it on to my daughter for her to enjoy. Have a lovely weekend, Karen!

Nellie said...

I know you were very happy to be able to walk outside today! We’ve had light rain/drizzle here all day, and it is expected to continue tomorrow and into Sunday. Happy birthday to Liz! The cake sounds very tasty, as does the pizza! Hope you are enjoying your evening!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. So glad you could walk outside again today! Today's sunrise picture is beautiful! Happy birthday to Liz! So nice of you to bake her a cake. I bet it was delicious! I love the little Christmas tree you have in your window near your blue jars. So fun! I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I enjoy walking on the warmer days. Love your beautiful sky photo.
Happy Birthday to Liz. Have a great weekend.

Ann said...

All the snow is almost gone here too. Now it's rain. I bet if felt good to get back outside for your walk again.
Happy birthday to Liz.

Bill said...

We are supposed to have some freexing rain tonight. Tomorrow night the town will turn on the festive street lights.

ellen b. said...

Hooray for outdoor walks and birthday cake! Happy birthday to Liz..

Lowcarb team member said...

Happy birthday to Liz.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful sky once again. I'm glad you could go back to walking outside.
Belated birthday wishes for Liz.