Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 07, 2023

Christmas Cards

 

31 degrees this morning when I got to town at 6:40 and started walking.
It was mostly cloudy but did see some blue sky too and it was windy.
At times there were a few snow flurries.
Sunrise was 7:24

Some of the places where I walked yesterday in the snow had turned
to ice but the roads were dry.

Walked down the main road in town and over to the 
industrial park and did most of my walking there.

Another collage today.
This time around the industrial park.

Didn't see anyone else out.

A left over snow picture from yesterday.


Morning Walk Steps 13,495

πŸ˜ƒ    πŸ’¨    πŸŽ„    πŸŒ₯

Put some chicken in the slow cooker first thing after breakfast
and then we headed out to Uniontown, PA to Hobby Lobby where
I thought I'd be able to get some Christmas cards.
I couldn't believe they were all sold out of them already.
I did pick up a couple of Christmas tins and a candle that
smells like pine.
So nice to have that smell since we have a fake tree this year.

There is another Walmart just across the street from Hobby Lobby
so we went there for the Christmas cards and I found some really nice ones.
I bought more than I needed so I would have them for next year!!

Another stop at Lowes and we got some corner trim molding.
Ken makes some of the frames for my needlework out of that and I have
a cross stitch that I did a while ago that needs a frame.

Back home this afternoon I made another batch of Welsh Cookies.
I made them for the lady that asked for the recipe from the
Drane house sale.
Thought it would be nice to give her some cookies along with the recipe.
Keeping some for us though for our snack this evening.

Supper tonight is chicken burritos with the chicken from the slow cooker.
Shredded it with the electric mixer again.
Every time I do that Mari, I think of you and am thankful. πŸ˜€

That's all for today.
Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳


17 comments:

Tom said...

...snow adds some magic to the landscape.

Mari said...

Our snow is all gone for now.
That lady will be happy to have some cookies!
Glad that mixer tip is working for you. It saves me lots of time!
I'm working on cards today too.
See you tomorrow!

Dianna said...

That snow picture from yesterday is beautiful! Your burritos sound yummy. I forgot that you do needle work besides the knitting. You are so thoughtful, Karen. I'm sure that lady will be appreciative of the Welsh cookies you made to go out along with the recipe.

Bill said...

Chicken burritos sound great for this weekend. Thanks for the idea.

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased you were able to get some Christmas Cards that you liked.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you found some Christmas cards that you like. I've done mine but at the thrift store I found a box of really nice ones that I'll use next year. $2 for the box so that's good.

ellen b. said...

I've bought Christmas cards from Wal-Mart the last couple of years. Glad you stay away from ice when walking! I like the collage...

jack69 said...

Funny that, we too had a problem finding cards. We finally ordered from Amazon. OUCH
The physical cards are fast fading for one reason is the cost of postage for 50-100 cards.... We are down to family and a few life long friends...
Careful on the black ice, yeah I know you are.
jack

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Glad you found some Christmas cards you like. Before we started doing family photo cards, I would always buy my Christmas cards the day after Christmas for 50% off, then save them for the following year. It was so nice of you to make some more cookies to deliver with the recipe. I hope you have a nice Friday. See you then!

Ann said...

It looks like you had a pretty cold walk. I like the tree all covered in snow.
Hobby Lobby puts their Christmas stuff out super early and then discounts it early so I think it gets picked over pretty quick.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the first sky image and the snow covered tree.
Your dinner sounds yummy and it is very nice of you to make the cookies to give out with your recipe. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Happy@Home said...

I'm glad you were able to find some Christmas cards you like. I am finding it harder and harder to find ones that appeal to me. I guess because so many less are getting sent the choices are fewer. This year I ordered them online and am beginning to wonder if they will show up in time to send.
What a nice thing to give some of your cookies along with the recipe.
Loved seeing your snowy collage.

John's Island said...

Thank you for mentioning using the electric blender to shred the chicken. Awesome idea I’d never have thought of. Sounds like you got a wonderful selection of cards at Walmart.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

We made ours and sent them to our friends

Jeanette said...

The tree with snow looks very pretty!

Jennifer said...

Just hard to believe how much snow you have....and you really are not that far from me. Oh my!! Glad you enjoyed your walk - snow and all!:)

Prims By The Water said...

I finished my Christmas cards today and will need to get some holiday stamps in the morning to send them out. It was almost 60 here today. Janice