Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 06, 2023

Boa Scarf

 It snowed overnight but not enough to keep me from walking.
It was a little more than a dusting.
The temperature was 31 degrees and there were some lingering
snow showers still around.
I'd rather have the snow than the rain.
At least the snow is pretty and I don't get wet.πŸ™‚
I got to town and started walking at 6:40 and sunrise was 7:23.


Went over to the library first and put a DVD down the slot.

Then a quick walk through town.
Walked around the cemeteries and the ball park more times than usual
to stay out of the way of snow plows and grit spreaders.
Didn't see anyone else out walking.

Made a collage out of some of the snowy pictures along my walk.


Driving back home.


Morning Walk Steps 12,966

πŸ˜€    🌨    πŸŽ„    🀢🏻    πŸŽ…πŸ»

I have some Christmas cards left over from last year so I got
started with them.

Started yet another knitting project before finishing the ones I have started.
This time it is a boa scarf for my little friend Kinsley.
Purple and pink are her favorite colors and couldn't decide on pink or purple 
so making one of each.


The book I'm reading now is 
The Cafe by the Sea by Jenny Colgan.
Some years ago Flora left the Scottish island where she grew up 
for London where she works as a paralegal. 
Fate brings her back home to the island and she discovers a passion for cooking
and restores a cafe by the sea.
I'm about 3/4 quarters of the way through the book and 
I love it.

Yesterday we came home with a new flavor of ice cream and I had
some last evening.
It is called Chocolate Lava Cake and it sure was good.
Having some more this evening.

That's going to be it for today.
Happy Tuesday and thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳


12 comments:

Bill said...

Nice collage. Your first photo could be a cover of a mystery novel. Enjoy the day.

Mari said...

Oooh - that snow looks pretty! It's supposed to be 50 degrees here on Friday! So no snow for us for a bit.
The book sounds like a good one.
I love the boa!

Prims By The Water said...

We have yet to have snow that has stuck yet. Flurries and rain. Just hope we get some for Christmas. The scarves will be a wonderfulgift.Janice

ellen b. said...

I think Kinsley will love that scarf. How sweet of you. We have had steady rain all day long and all the snow is gone now. Glad you had a nice walk in the snow!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your collage of snowy pictures :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...you received more snow than we did. Take care and stay warm and well.

Melanie said...

Your snow photos are lovely. So pretty. My first winter here in Tennessee after moving from Florida was how much warmer the snow made the air feel. When it was rainy, it felt colder. That flavor of ice cream sounds wonderful. I wish I could ice cream all the time. Stay warm!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Lovely snow photos. I love to walk in the snow too. That flavor of ice cream you are having sounds delicious! I love the purple and pink scarves you are making for Kinsley! The book you are reading sounds very good. So glad you are enjoying it. I hope you have a great Thursday.

Ann said...

I like your snowy collage. I don't care much for snow but it is pretty in pictures.
That's a cute little bakery.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty snow scenes, I like the collage and the image from the drive home.
The boa scarf and colors are pretty. The book sounds interesting, I will check it out. Take care, have a great day!

Aritha V. said...

Your collage is absolutely stunning.

Snow is far more enjoyable than rain, and the scarf adds a nice touch. I also appreciate both colors.

Jeanette said...

Pretty snow pictures!