Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 08, 2023

Chickens

 I arrived at town and started walking at 6:40.
It was 31 degrees and sunrise was at 7:25
with a mix of sun and clouds once the sun came over the mountain.
Such a beautiful sky this morning.
Looks like the ocean to me.


A couple of people out running this morning.
The man who does laps around the all park and Sheila running through town.

I walked all around town, both cemeteries and the ball park.

Walking around the ball park the chickens all came over by me.
They thought I had food!


Stopped at Pam's house to give her the recipe and cookies for the woman who asked for the recipe.
When I got there Kinsley and her mom were there.
Kinsley was all dressed up for a program she was in at school today.
Her mom said I could take her picture.
She is such a delight and for some reason has taken a liking to me.  
She is always smiling and gives me the best hugs.


Morning Walk Steps 13,243

😀    🎄    🌤

Baked Lemon Cookies this morning.


Got the last of this weeks cleaning done.

I've been writing out Christmas cards this afternoon and should be done
 by tomorrow. 
Plan to  have them in the mail on Monday.

Also worked on one of the knitting gifts I need to get done.
Shouldn't have any trouble finishing them all.
Still have some more baking to do also.

It's Friday and you know what that means.
Pizza!!!
Ken's making it right now.

Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳


15 comments:

Tom said...

...the sunrise, the Moon and Mars? was quite a sight.For some reason Kinsley has taken a liking to you? She wants to be the cookie lady's friend!!!

Michelle said...

I love your first photo. Just gorgeous! Kinsley looks so sweet and what a smile!

Dianna said...

We had a pretty sunrise here this morning too, but not as bold of colors as yours! Just beautiful!

Kinsley is a cutie. I could understand why she would take a liking to you. You have such a kind spirit, Karen.

Enjoy your pizza!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I completely understand why Kinsley has taken a liking to you. :-) Those lemon cookies really good. I hope you have a good weekend.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! That first picture is absolutely stunning!

Bill said...

The sky looks absolutely gorgeous and it's a beautiful start to your day.

Mari said...

Of course Kinsley likes you! She looks so cute all dressed up.
Beautiful sky! I like the chickens too.

MELODY JACOB said...

These are stunning photos
https://www.melodyjacob.com/

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your sky image is gorgeous!
Kinsley is adorable, pretty dress.
I love the chickens, I hope they were not too far from home.
Take care, have a great weekend.

Ann said...

Kinsley looks so cute. Love her dress.
Maybe you should carry treats for the chickens...lol

a heartful child said...

Oh Kinsley looks so sweet in her beautiful dress.

ellen b. said...

Kinsley is such a cutie. That first photo is so amazing and it does look like it's flowing. I'm sure that pizza was good!

Aritha V. said...

Nice girl and the first photo is so beautiful

The Happy Whisk said...

She's so cute in her little holiday skirt.
Go you for getting out early and walking.
You're an inspiration for sure.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful sky that is and love the photograph of Kinsley :)

All the best Jan