Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 29, 2023

A BIG BOOK

Got to town at 6:45 and started walking.
31 degrees, calm and once the sun rose at 7:37 
there was a mix of sun and clouds.

Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park and around town.



Lisa was out walking and I saw the guy running his laps around the ball park.

A rabbit hopped across the road by the one cemetery and
KitKat was by the pond and walked along with me a short way
after I gave him a little pet.

Pretty quiet again around town.

Morning Walk Steps 11,326

🌀    🐈    πŸ™‚

Walking steps a tad short today because I had to get home so we could
leave on time to get to church for Day 2 of working on Fingerprints.
A low turn out again but we got quiet a few Romans books done
and had a fun time.
Someone brought donuts and I didn't have a one!!!
This time I spent all three hours (9:00 - 12:00)
folding covers.

Home this afternoon just hanging about doing some fun stuff.
I drove to town again and went to the library after seeing
an email from the library saying a book I had on reserve was ready for pick up.
This book was recommended by a woman in my book club.
Demon Copperhead by Barbara Kingsolver.
It is quite a big book with 882 pages in it though it is large print.
Hope it's good.  πŸ™‚


Looking forward to pizza in a little bit, Ken is making it now.

Happy Friday (I've been thinking is was Sat all day)
and thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳

Comment Replies:
Debby - I still have all the Christmas decorations up. Try to wait till new years to take them down but rarely make it.  Probably will this year though because I've been busy.  I too like the lights up and keep the lights around the mantel up year round.

16 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

I love your Elizabth von Arnim quote in your header. We don't want to miss anything, for sure! I am looking forward to your comments about the Barbara Kingsolver book.

Tom said...

...with my reading skills, it would take forever for me to read that book.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

The moon over the church looks very pretty. Homemade pizza sounds delicious. I haven't made that in a while.

Dianna said...

Glad you were able to help with the Romans books again today. I'm impressed that you didn't have a donut! I don't know if I could have done that. :)

That's quite a book! I hope you will enjoy that long read.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I have read several Barbara Kingsolver books, but not that one. She's a pretty good author. She used to live and write in Arizona, so she was a favorite among people in Arizona when we lived there. I hope you like the book. I think my attention would not last for over 800 pages. Let us know how you like it! See you again soon.

Ann said...

Love that first photo. Such a lovely view. Good for you resisting those donuts. I haven't had one in months.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos! Pizza sounds yummy!
Enjoy the book!
I wish you and yours all the best in 2024, a happy and healthy New Year! Have a great weekend.

Bill said...

I iike the moon and church photo, It's very nice.

Jeanette said...

I thought that book was pretty good although it seemed to drag on once in a while! Curious to hear what you thought about it. Happy New Year!

Billie Jo said...

Beautiful photos, as always! Happy and Blessed New Year to you!

Happy@Home said...

I have read the book and enjoyed it, although it is a tough read in many ways. Barbara Kingsolver lives in appalachia and I believe this book depicts what real life is for the appalachian people. I also read that she based it loosely on David Copperfield which I have not read. I'll be curious to see what you think after reading it.
Happy New Year!

ellen b. said...

I've had to remind myself all week on what day of the week it is. This next week will be the same. :) Hope your Saturday is going well!

Debby said...

Donuts are one of guilty pleasures and they are hard for me to resist but I do. I might have a couple times a year where we’ll have some donuts. If I didn’t show restraint I’d be in BIG trouble.
I’m also getting confused about what day it is. Today I was thinking it was New Years Eve. Wrong again! I won’t be right until the first non holiday week which is the 8th. Around here so many neighbors are gone either with families or skiing: Not many people out and about. I look forward when everyone gets back to the daily grind although for me it’s not a grind. I just enjoy non- holidays so much more.

Granny Marigold said...

I've been getting my days mixed up too. Next week life will go back to normal.
I imagine that book will take you a while although you seem to be a fast reader!

The Happy Whisk said...

Pizza sounds good. How was it? Anything on top?

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the photograph of the moon over the church.
Hope you enjoy your new book.

All the best Jan