Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, November 28, 2023

Inside once again

 Another day for a walk in the basement for me.
This is why.
Wasn't going to go driving to town and walking in that. 😃


A look out the basement window when it got light out.
Took the picture passing by as I walked basement loops.


I made us pancakes for breakfast and then
made the final batch of the Welsh Cookies for the Drane house sale.

Did my usual house chores before lunch.

This afternoon I was going to start another jigsaw puzzle but ended
up knitting most of the afternoon.
Finishing up some more wash/dish clothes.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳


Comment Replies:
Melanie - No, Ken's train layout isn't the kind you set up and decorate for Christmas.  It's a huge layout that takes up the whole basement! 🙂 Nothing to do with Christmas at our house.

19 comments:

Tom said...

...you sure got snow. It just snowed on and off here and not much to show for it. Stay warm and well.

The Furry Gnome said...

When you walk downstairs you're supposed to show us a picture of Ken's train layout!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Wow, you had a very snowy day! I think I would exercise indoors too. I love the ornament in the last picture. Glad you had a good, productive day knitting and baking cookies. See you again tomorrow!

ellen b. said...

I think you made a wise decision to walk inside! :)

Granny Marigold said...

Probably a wise decision not to go walking today. It doesn't look pleasant at all.

Nellie said...

We had no snow here, though there was ice in the birdbath this morning! There was a bird sitting on the edge of it, and I imagined he was trying to decide whether to skate across it, or to make an attempt to take a sip of water from the edge. That’s a pretty picture you took. Snow always looks better from the inside than being outside trying to get around in it!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I saw photos from Deep Creek on our news yesterday, the snow looks pretty.
The pancakes and cookies sound yummy. The Christmas ornaments are lovely.
Take care, have a great day!

Ann said...

We had that snow here too. I did go out to shovel a spot for Gibbs and it was COLD

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh my! I don't blame you for staying in during that storm. Not fit out there for man nor beast!

Debbie said...

Wow! That looks cold! I'm glad you have an indoor space to continue your walking. I started a puzzle over the weekend, picked out all of the edges, but couldn't really get into it this time, so I put it all back in the box.

Have a wonderful day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It looks very cold out there.

God bless.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! It is Snowy and cold here, but it is calling for some warmth soon. I wish Mother Nature would make up her mind! LOL

Melanie said...

I don't blame you for deciding to walk inside! It was 21 degrees this morning here in Tennessee and that's plenty cold for us! I'm working hard at knitting and learning more than just garter stitch. My daughter is a great encourager in that regard. I do remember Ken's railroad town was the entire basement. Very impressive. I just wondered if he decorated his town for Christmas. Stay warm!

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, Wow, neat photos of the snow! Sounds like you had a fine day inside! I noticed your reply to Melanie about Ken’s model train layout. Would love to see a recent photo of Ken’s work. I admire anyone who has the patience and determination to setup a large model display. John

Jeanette said...

That is a lot of snow. I think it's too early for so much snow but that's just my opinion!

Bill said...

Good decision to stay inside and walk, much safer.

Lowcarb team member said...

It's good that you can walk inside.

All the best Jan

Prims By The Water said...

We were spared once again from snow. It rained all day. I would like some for Christmas though. Janice