Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, November 27, 2023

Our Tree

 In the low 20's this morning, very windy, and a wintry mix
so I reluctantly decided not to go out for my morning walk.
On days like this I walk laps around Ken's HO train layout in the basement.
I had 3 sessions of walking there to get 12,000 steps in.

Ken had an appointment in Oakland so we went there this morning.
On the way we dropped off our trash at the refuse center.
Since we were down in Oakland we made a stop at Walmart.

Got back home in time for a late lunch.
Didn't feel like doing any work this afternoon so just puttered
about the house.

A picture of our little 4 foot Christmas tree that we bought at Lowes last week.
It fits perfectly in the corner on a couple of boxes.


Have a little Christmas village that I put up on the hutch.


As I do most afternoons spent some time knitting and reading.

Going to get supper started now which will be chicken burritos. 

That's all I have for today.

Happy Monday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Only those who are truly aware of their sin can truly cherish grace.

C.J. Mahaney

15 comments:

Bill said...

The pretty little tree looks great in that spot.

Dianna said...

Karen, your tree is lovely. I plan to put ours up on Saturday. Your hutch looks so pretty all decorated for Christmas. I love Christmas villages. I had one when we lived in our old house but I passed it on when we moved because our current house is much smaller.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your tree looks lovely, and I like the Christmas Village.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

Your tree looks great and is a lot bigger than what I imagined a 4' tree would be. I just love the big windows in your living room. They fill the room with light! The little village on the hutch is cute. It looks like it's in a snowy landscape.

Tom said...

...after years of cutting real trees, we have an artificial tree. I set it yesterday, but I still need to decorate it. Yours looks great and the hutch looks quite festive.

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

The tree is so pretty - I love those big windows and that view. I also like your black and white chairs. Your hutch is decorated nicely. The village is cute.

Looks like winter is already in your neck of the woods. We had some frost this morning.

I'll probably get in the mood this weekend. Right now I am just enjoying the normal.

Melanie said...

I love your little tree. I put my smaller one up this year and I really like it better than the 6 foot one. We'll be having temps in the 20s the next two nights here in Tennessee. I put up my Mitford village for Christmas *the winter part of the collection). The rest of them are from the spring collection. I watched a YouTube video of a man putting together his Christmas town and his trains. I thought of Ken. Does he decorate it for Christmas?

Connie said...

Your tree looks lovely there and I love all the windows and the pretty view into the woods. I can just imagine how gorgeous that looks after a snowfall.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Your Christmas tree looks great. I like the Christmas village too. My favorite thing, however, is the view from your windows. Hope you have a good day tomorrow. May the weather will be a little better and you can walk outside. See you then.

Ann said...

Your tree looks really nice. I like the way you decorated your hutch too. Love the little village.

eileeninmd said...

Your tree and the decorated hutch look pretty.
It was really windy here yesterday.
Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a lovely Christmas tree.

God bless.

ellen b. said...

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas at your place!

Jeanette said...

Your tree looks so pretty by the corner windows.

Prims By The Water said...

Cute Christmas decor! Janice