Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 09, 2023

61 degrees

About those spikes I took a picture of yesterday.
I stopped to take a better look at them this morning.
Touched the spikes and was happy to see that they are RUBBER SPIKES!
I'm sure it was part of their halloween decorations that they haven't put away yet.

    *    *    *    *    *    *    *    *
Back to one of those warm mornings again - it was 61 degrees when I got to town and started walking.
It was a cloudy morning and was supposed to rain but it held off till mid morning.
Started walking at 6:20 and it was very windy.
Sunrise was at 6:54
Morning Walk Steps were 13,693

First walked around the block and then both of the cemeteries.
Then headed down the road towards home with a detour up Sale Barn Rd aways.


Pretty seeing the ornamental grasses blowing in the wind.


Then back to town and walked up and down some of the side streets.

Rebecca was out walking Leo and Joy was out walking too.  
Walked a couple of blocks with Joy and then we went our separate ways.

Lots of leaves here on the sidewalk to rustle through.
Makes you feel like a kid again!! 😃


A house I walk by just about every day has been empty for a while.
During the summer they had an auction and got rid of a lot of stuff.
This week someone has been working on getting the yard cleaned up. 
Trimming trees and digging dead things up and mowing over the overgrown gardens.
One of these days when I walk by I'll probably see a For Sale sign go up. 


🙂         ☁️         🦃         🥾

Did a couple of things around the house and then left for the library for the book club meeting - by this time it was raining.
Only 5 of us were there.
3 liked the book (At the Water's Edge by Sara Gruen) and 2 of us didn't care for it.

By early afternoon the sun was shining but getting cooler.

This afternoon I did some reading, knitting, and worked on the puzzle.
Puzzle work going slowly - not working on it all that much.
I've been doing it alone so far.
Will have to have it done in two weeks so we can eat at the table on Thanksgiving.

Happy Thursday and thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Reflect upon your present blessings, 
of which every man has plenty; 
not on your past misfortunes, 
of which all men have some.

Charles Dickens

19 comments:

Tom said...

...we had a warm, windy day. Sale Barn Road looks inviting.

Mari said...

Sale Barn Road is so pretty!
I've been admiring the grasses blowing in the wind too.
Yes, walking through those crispy leaves does bring you back!

Debby said...

That's funny about the spikes being rubber! And here I was all judging the people... Forgive me, Lord.

Dianna said...

The ornamental grass is pretty blowing in the wind like that.

We haven't started on our puzzles yet.

ellen b. said...

Puzzle work has been slow here, too. Nice for you to see some people out walking. Take care!

Granny Marigold said...

You had lovely temperatures for walking. I find those ornamental grasses so pretty!!

Veronica Lee said...

Glorious photos!
I especially love the ornamental grass blowing in the wind.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You did a great job depicting the wind!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I really like the Dickens quote at the end of this post. What book is your book club going to read next? I hope you like it better than this month's selection. See you again tomorrow!

Deb J. in Utah said...

P.S. So sorry, but when I posted my comment, it actually posted three times! Don't know what the problem is, except my laptop is acting a bit weird tonight.

Ann said...

That ornamental grass does look pretty. My sister-in-law used to have some.
I could never resist walking through leaves. Love to hear that rustling.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Dickens got it right.

God bless.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love to walk in the leaves like that...kick my feet up a bit as I take my steps. It smells wonderfully like Autumn and it does make me feel like a kid again!
My cousin always chooses a book for us to read and discuss at our annual cousin's weekend in December. I never care for the book.

MELODY JACOB said...

Stunning photographs!
The decorative grass that is waving in the breeze is one of my favorite parts.

Aritha V. said...

Rubber... oh!

Bill said...

I wonder how sale barn road got its name. Did someone sell a barn?

Inger said...

That's a good quote and it makes me feel good that I have shared my recent blessing on my new blog. The tall grasses were gorgeous and your long walk an inspiration.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty views, I love the scene with the grasses and the view of the road.
You do so well keeping up with your daily steps.

Take care, have a great weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

The ornamental grass looks lovely.

All the best Jan