Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, October 15, 2023

Sunday

 Happy Sunday


We sang this hymn in church this morning.
It is a blessing to go to church and still sing all the old hymns!!

🎢Living By Faith🎢

James Wells

1. I care not today what the morrow may bring,
If shadow or sunshine or rain,
The Lord I know ruleth o’er everything,
And all of my worries are vain.
 
Chorus:

Living by faith in Jesus above,
Trusting, confiding in His great love;
From all harm safe in His sheltering arm,
I’m living by faith and feel no alarm.

2. Though tempests may blow and the storm clouds arise,
Obscuring the brightness of life,
I’m never alarmed at the overcast skies—
The Master looks on at the strife.

3. I know that He safely will carry me through,
No matter what evils betide;
Why should I then care though the tempest may blow,
If Jesus walks close to my side.

4. Our Lord will return for His loved ones someday,
Our troubles will then all be o’er;
The Master so gently will lead us away,
Beyond that blest heavenly shore.

πŸ“– Romans 1:17 πŸ“–
 For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: 
as it is written, 
The just shall live by faith.

πŸ“– Romans 14:8 πŸ“–
 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; 
and whether we die, we die unto the Lord:
 whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.


A Blessed Sunday to all.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳

15 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

This hymn has a wonderful and true message. Have a blessed sabbath. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

My husband may know this hymn, but I don't. Good words!

Lowcarb team member said...

That's a beautiful photograph to start your post.

Not a hymn I know ...

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...keep looking up to the beautiful sky!

Prims By The Water said...

What a wonderful hymn. Hope you had a blessed Sunday too. Janice

Michelle said...

A lovely hymn! Have a blessed week ahead!

Mari said...

The older I get, the more I appreciate those old hymns.

Debby said...

I enjoy the old hymns.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky Karen! Take care, have a wonderful week!

Ann said...

What a lovely hymn

R's Rue said...

Amen.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

John's Island said...

Love the old hymns!

Bill said...

That's a bautiful sky, nice capture.

ellen b. said...

Wonderful words in this hymn. Love the photo, too!

William Kendall said...

A beautiful sky.