Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 16, 2023

Rolls

I got dressed for walking and then realized it was raining so changed into rain walking clothes.
It was 39 degrees and breezy.
The 5 deer were along the road to town again.
Got to town and started walking at 6:35.
Didn't see the sun but it rose at 7:28.

Not much happening in town on this rainy morning.
Didn't see any others out walking.
Near the end of my walk I realized I hadn't taken any pictures so whipped out the phone and took this one.


Walked all around town, both cemeteries, and the ball park loop.
When I first started out I thought I'd cut my walk a bit short but soon changed my mind as I waked along. 
Morning Walk Steps 13,337.

🙂         🥾         🌧         🍁

No motivation to do house cleaning this morning.
Just did the basic things I had to do. 
Then I made some rolls for sandwiches or hamburgers.
I used the same recipe for the sub rolls but instead of shaping 4 pieces of dough into sub rolls, I shaped 8 pieces of dough into round rolls.
Ken ate one of the rolls before I took the picture.



A dark dreary day with rain on and off all day.
I read and knitted again.

Made hamburgers and French fries for supper and had the burgers on the rolls I made which were great.

That's going to be it for this day.
Happy Monday and thanks for visiting.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳 

Nearly all men can stand adversity, 
but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.

Abraham Lincoln

11 comments:

Tom said...

...today was a raw day, cold and rainy, but we need the rain!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! That first picture is beautiful. Your rolls are a perfect thing for a rainy fall day!

Ginny Hartzler said...

You chose a good photo to take. And I love the Lincoln quote!

Ann said...

Cold and rainy here too. I'm impressed with how dedicated you are to your walking. The rain would have kept me at home.
The rolls look good.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the pretty trees! Your rolls look great, perfect for sandwiches.
Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

The rolls look delicious! I recently ate some BBQ on homemade rolls and it has made me want to make some myself. Might try that with my new bread machine.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Tasty rolls.

God bless.

Bill said...

We got some rolls tonight for our chicken sandwiches. Love the coloured tree in the first photo, it's a beauty.

Michelle said...

We have been having some rainy cold weather and I love it! Great times to get cozy with a book.

ellen b. said...

How nice to have your fresh rolls for those hamburgers. They look great.

William Kendall said...

Rainy days drag on one's motivation.