Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 13, 2023

Seven

Today I saw three deer on my way to town.
Temperature was 45 degrees, clear and calm.
Started walking at 6:25.
First light was at 6:58 and sunrise came along at 7:25.
The sun comes over the mountain about 8:00 now.
Morning Walk Steps were 14,328


Walked through town with a detour again to the library.
This time a book and 2 DVD's went down the slot.

Continued walking over to the DG Market.
Looked for coins in the parking lot but no luck this time.

As I walked past the sign that tells cars how fast they are going, the numbers flashed back and forth between 3 and 4 for me.
I back-tracked and tried again and got a 5.
Once more I tried and this time I ran past and got it up to 7.

Next I walked around the ball park loop and the short path behind it - ball park is to the right of the path.


Lastly walked around both the cemeteries.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.

Builders were just getting to the second house to start work.
Yesterday they put up the side walls.

The lot where the modular home will be now has about 16 of these holes dug.
Suppose they are for the footings though the ones here seem too close together.
It will become clear soon enough.


 ☀️        ๐Ÿฅพ         ๐Ÿ™‚         ๐Ÿ

Once again it was a nice sunny day so was able to get the last of the laundry done for this week.

Puttered about the house this afternoon.
Then got some reading and knitting done.

Thanks for stopping by.
happyone๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ




The art of being happy 
lies in the power of extracting happiness from common things.

Henry Ward Beecher

18 comments:

Tom said...

...the walk in the woods looks inviting.

Debby said...

The woods look like a fun place to explore. Interesting about the modular home and those holes. I've not seen how they prepare for them so it must be footings/pilings.Interesting.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the quote at the end of this post. It will be interesting to see how that modular home takes shape. I love that trail through the woods. You walk at a pretty good clip if you can make it to 7 miles an house. Wow! Glad you had a good day. See you again tomorrow.

Deb J. in Utah said...

*7 miles an hour! I need to proofread my comments better. ;-)

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your ending quote! And the second photo with so many shades of lovely green.

Granny Marigold said...

I would love to walk on that trail through the woods.
Those deep holes could cause an unaware person to break an ankle. Hopefully that won't happen.

Hill Top Post said...

The path through the woods does look inviting. I look forward to colder days when I can walk deeper into the woods.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

7 mph?

God bless.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I absolutely love that the speed recorder thing recorded your walking speed! And that you gave yourself a little competition. It made me laugh. I would never have thought that it would record a walker.

Ann said...

They put one of those speed signs up on my street and there's a girl who was always posting on Facebook what her speed was. Then her and her husband were competing to see who could get the highest.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful trees and the forest walk looks nice. 7 mph you did good.
I like the mirror message. Take care, have a wonderful weekend.

HWIT BLOGG said...

A walk in the forest is the best! I wish I had your energy :)
Love from a windy island & Titti

Bill said...

Onward to 8 mph. :)

John's Island said...

Great effort to get the speed sign up to 7! Love the Henry Ward Beecher quote.

ellen b. said...

It would have been fun to see you try to up your numbers at the MPH sign! :)
We listened to a sermon on Revelations yesterday and how many times the number 7 comes up.

Prims By The Water said...

You did 7 mph? Rainy day here today. Wanna trade. Janice

Lowcarb team member said...

A walk in the woods can be very enjoyable.
I like your first two photographs.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

The woods appeal to me.