Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 12, 2023

Jack-0-Lanterns

Was at town and walking at 6:25.
It was very still out, 44 degrees and of course still dark.
The sun rose at 7:24 but didn't see the sun till after I got home.
Started out cloudy.
Morning Walk Steps were 13,367.

Had my usual walk all around town, both cemeteries and the ball park.


Rebecca was out walking Leo this morning.

All the wood and roof trusses have been delivered at the second new house and will probably see some work done on the house tomorrow.

An uneventful walk but a good one never the less.
Always nice to see the start of a new day.

☁️         🥾         🍁         🙂

A nice sunny day so got a load of clothes hung out on the line.

Since I didn't finish reading the book club book last night I finished it this morning with a half hour to spare.
The book was The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict and Victoria Murray.
There were 7 of us at the meeting today.
We all liked the book but I think they all liked it more that I did.

Liz and David came over this evening and brought some stuffed peppers that Liz had made us for dinner.
They just needed to be heated up in the oven.
She used orange peppers and made them to look like jack-O-Lanterns.
They were so cute and were delicious.


This afternoon I made a spice cake (box) for dessert.
Didn't make icing - we just ate it with whipped cream.

Afterward we played a couple games of Sorry.

That's all for today.
Happy Thursday and thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳


If you want to change the world, go home and love your family.

Mother Teresa

23 comments:

Tom said...

...I love stuffed peppers and those look spooktacular.

Prims By The Water said...

What a cute idea for stuffed peppers. I love these and should do this for ourselves before Halloween. Janice

jack69 said...

LOL Love the orange peppers. I had never heard of a stuffed pepper until joining the military. Love 'em.
We enjoy walking. I once said to my girl, "Let's sell everything buy a boat ans sail around the world." She said "Huh uh! I just met two hikers on Standing Indian Mt. they are walking to Maine. We can do that." since she usually follows me, I said ok this time your way. We made it about 2000 miles. LOL We are now down to about a mile..
Love the pics
Sherry & jack

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those jack-o-lantern peppers are darling! That was so nice, and clever of Liz to make them. Glad you had another nice day. I love the first picture in this post - beautiful fall colors! See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I made a spice cake today, too. Didn't frost it, but sprinkled it with cinnamon/sugar.

Granny Marigold said...

Making stuffed peppers and cutting out a Jack-o-lantern face is a cute idea.
I like today's Fall tree picture with the leaves on the ground. Still lots more to come down before too long.

John's Island said...

Jack-O-lantern stuffed peppers … “They were so cute and were delicious.” Sounds perfect!

Ann said...

Well those are the cutest stuffed peppers I ever saw.
I love spice cake.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love that Mother Teresa quote. Why do we always have to over complicate things?

Debbie said...

What a cute idea with the peppers! And I think I would prefer the spice cake with whipped topping, rather than icing. Sounds delicious!

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the view of the trees, pretty fall colors.
The stuffed peppers are cute.
Have a great day and a wonderful weekend!

Lauren said...

The stuffed peppers are so fun and cute! What a clever idea.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a cute idea with the peppers! Love the colors in your part of the country too. Enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the Mother Teresa quote. I love my family. If it was not for them I'd be arguing with perfect strangers.

God bless.

Inger said...

What a gorgeous photo!

Inger said...

I meant the photo of the leaves, but the peppers looked great too.

Bill said...

The peppers look delicious. I haven't had spice cake in years but I used to love it.

Billie Jo said...

I love those stuffed peppers! And the spice cake sounds perfect for a fall Friday. I would have it with whipped cream, too. LOVE the quote. It is one of my very favorites. Have a cozy weekend, my friend.

ellen b. said...

What a fun idea with those stuffed pepper cut outs! Nice to enjoy dinner together, too.

Pom Pom said...

The peppers are so cute (and they look yummy!)
Oh, you are having lovely weather walks during the sweet season of fall. I bet your spice cake was tasty, too!

Lowcarb team member said...

The jack-O-Lanterns peppers look great and I'm sure they were delicious.

All the best Jan.

Jeanette said...

Those peppers do look good and what a cute idea!

William Kendall said...

Never did have stuffed peppers.