Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 25, 2023

Purple Skies

 

Was out at town and walking at 6:25 and watched the sun rise at 7:37.
47 degrees this morning and when the sun was up there was a mix of sun and clouds.
Morning Walk Steps were 13,120.
This was my last walk wearing my currant walking shoes, they are now officially retired, start out with a new pair tomorrow.

Under the street lights, walked up and down main street in town a couple of times.
When light enough walked over to the industrial park and had this beautiful sky to walk under. 
Wow it was spectacular in person.


Back through town to finish my walk.

No one else out again, at least no one that I saw.

No modular house yet and now there are an additional 4 more holes dug.


Didn't see any deer on my way to town but on the way home saw the twin fawns, and they sure are getting big!

🙂         🥾         🌤         🍁

Did a bit of work around the house in the morning.

Last night we watched the movie, Harriet.
It was about Harriet Tubman and was very good!!
What a remarkable women she was!!!
There is a biography of her life in the library, The Road to Freedom by Catherine Clinton that I've put a hold on and look forward to reading.

Happy Wednesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Lighthouse Number 5

Located in Rhode Island


Comment Replies:
Janice - Yes, I'm assuming the baby blanket will be given to a baby boy.  All the blankets I and the group of ladies from my church make go to the local hospital for all newborn babies. We meet up once a month at church to work on the blankets and also during the month at home.
Each blanket is given with a card and an invitation to visit our church.

20 comments:

Dianna said...

Karen, that sky is spectacular in your pictures. I can only imagine how much more beautiful it was in person.

Debby said...

I'm thinking, "For purple mountain majesties."
So pretty.

Tom said...

...that is a fabulous sky!

Mari said...

That's a gorgeous sky!
I bet you go through shoes quite frequently.
Now I'm wondering what those 4 new holes are for.
It's great to hear what happens with your baby blankets. I love the invite to your church!

Lowcarb team member said...

Wow!
What a beautiful sky that looks.

All the best Jan

Prims By The Water said...

How many days do you walk before breaking out a new pair of shoes? Love all of the lighthouses you have shown. Believe it not we have lots of lighthouses all around Michigan here. I love to visit as many as I can. Janice

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love your hay and sky photos! Hope you can get really comfy shoes. Will they be the same as the ones you have retired?

ellen b. said...

Beautiful skies and a nice lighthouse, too. Lighthouses are a nice theme.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I think that giving those blankets to all the newborns in your area is a wonderful act of service. I love the picture with the purple skies. See you again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

I so admire you for being out early to see these fabulous sunrises. There is no better way to start the day.

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful sunrise. Nice that you continue to see the twin fawns. I wonder if their Mom was close by.

Ann said...

What a beautiful sunrise that is. A wonderful way to start the day. I wonder what all those holes are for on the lot for the modular home.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The sunrise is gorgeous, love the colors.
I am happy you are seeing the twin fawns, they are doing well.
Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

That's a lot of hay.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

The sunrise photo is breathtakingly beautiful. What a nice start to your day.
Last time I was at the thrift shop there were lots of lighthouses similar to yours. It appeared as if someone had donated their collection. I spent some time organizing them into a nice display.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! That sky! It is stunning! Thank you for sharing it, my friend.

Jennifer said...

You are right - simply a gorgeous sky to walk under!!

Bill said...

What a gorgeous sky.

Jeanette said...

That is a beautiful sky picture!

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous skies.