Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 04, 2023

Natural Fence

 

To town and walking at 6:20.
Once again it started out with fog which gave way to sunshine.
The temperature was 52 and no breeze at all.
Sunrise was at 7:16.

A very random walk all around town.
The ball park and both the cemeteries included.

Seemed extra quiet around town today.
Didn't see anyone till I was back to the parking lot to come home and then saw two cars park, women got out and started walking together.
Never saw them before.
Once in a while I see new people out walking a few times and then never see them again.
Will be interesting to see if they keep walking.

Only the one walking picture today, nothing really caught my eye, besides a good part of my walk now is in the dark.

Morning Walk Steps were 13,453

Saw 5 deer on the way home just down from my house.

🙂         🚶‍♀️         ☀️

Today I stayed home and in the morning got some house cleaning done.

Beautiful sunny day once again and another afternoon to sit out on the porch.
Before doing that I added some more deadfall to the natural fence I've been making which will never be done.
Lots more deadfall around and more keeps falling so I'll never run out of material for the fence.
The fence also makes good homes for small animals and birds and the deer like to lay down next to it for their rests.


Happy Wednesday and thanks for visiting.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

I cannot endure to waste anything as precious as autumn sunshine 
by staying in the house. 
So I spend almost all the daylight hours in the open air.

Nathaniel Hawthorne

Comment Replies:
Wanted to let you know I just read your blog but couldn't find anywhere to leave a comment.

17 comments:

Tom said...

...a fence style that dates back a ways!

Jeanette said...

I like that natural fence!

John's Island said...

Your single walking pic today is a delight. Love the Nathaniel Hawthorne quote. Your current header is perfect!

ellen b. said...

So many benefits with your natural fence. Well done! Hooray for another day to sit and enjoy your porch!

Debi said...

I also like the looks of your natural fence. It must be fun to watch the critters play around it!

Mari said...

I'm noticing it being so much darker when I drive to work too.
The natural fence is so nice. I love the way it looks.

jack69 said...

love the walk, thanks for taking us a long.
Sherry & jack

Debby said...

I like the natural fence but here in rural California, we're not allowed to have one, due to the danger of fire. It would be like kindling. Yet, they leave all the tree branches laying all around in the forests...so I don't really get it. Well actually I do get it - but nothing I can do about it.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm sure noticing too, how dark it is at 7 A.M.
I like the Hawthorne quote but obviously he didn't have to spend his precious hours doing housework and was free to be outside all day. There must have been a Mrs Hawthorne to take care of those details.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The fence is huge and intricately woven! You must do quite a bit each day. So will you alter your walking time so you can do the whole walk in the daylight?

Ann said...

You have more morning steps than I have in an entire day.
I like the looks of that natural fence.

eileeninmd said...

Wow, you have done a lot on the natural fence. I like the way it looks, it is a nice home for the little critters and a safe place for the birds to hide.
Take care, have a great day!

Bill said...

Your natural fence is very long, how long have you been working on it? It looks very nice, I like it.

Coloring Outside the Lines said...

I've seen those dead fences before- an excellent use of branches that fall. If I did that here I would be making an excellent home for snakes- :)
Have a great weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a natural looking fence, I like it :)

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

That last shot speaks to me.

Lisa said...

I’ve always loved your natural fence. I see one just like it this near the trail we walk on Sundays and I always think about you when I see it.

Lisa