Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 03, 2023

The Last Button

 

52 degrees this morning when I got to town and started walking at 6:22.
More patchy fog this morning and once the sun rose at 7:15 I walked in and out of sun and fog.
Morning Walk Steps were 13,276

Repeated my walk from yesterday walking up and down the three streets in town
and then the ball park and both cemeteries.


I saw Rebecca twice, once walking Leo and then walking alone.

The hole as been filled in again at the lot where the modular home will be.
They cleared out the junk and filled it up again.
That answers the question if there is going to be a basement.


Not much activity around town this morning.
Just a couple of rabbits hopping about.

🙂          🥾        ☀️          🐇   

Got a load of laundry hung out on the line after breakfast and then we were off to Grantsville to Cassel's Market for our food shopping this week.
Made a couple other stops too.

Home for lunch and then we left again to pick up some stuff Ken had ordered from CM metals down past Oakland.

So we were in and out all day.
Nice to come home and sit out on the porch enjoying another nice sunny day.
I know we will not be having many of the warm sitting on the porch days left.

Happy Tuesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

The last button today.
Haven't seen one like this before with the different colors!
Would like to do another picture series but haven't thought of what it could be yet.


Saw this on a church sign as we drove past.

Fall for Jesus, He never leaves.

15 comments:

ellen b. said...

So nice to keep enjoying that porch sitting while you can! That's a nice button to end with. Love the sign you shared, too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You saved the best for last. This button is so unusual! The flower is pretty. I guess I would call the color fuchsia. the bike is cool looking, with the matching wheels.

Prims By The Water said...

I know an antique dealer who deals in antique buttons and lace. We call her the button lady. She would know exactly what this button was. Unfortunately she moved away from our area and I lost contact with her. Janice

John's Island said...

A good aspect of walking is getting to know other regular walkers, especially if they are friendly and say hello. Neat that you saw Rebecca twice today. Thank you for your thoughts on the 45rpm records.

Tom said...

...a fun play with words.

Sandi said...

He never leaves.

🙂 true!

Mari said...

It was a clear, warm morning here today.
It's interesting to me how some areas have basements and others don't. In my area everyone has a basement, where my son lives in TN, no one has one. I would have to be better organized because I store a lot in my basement.
The sedum is so pretty!
I have enjoyed the buttons.
Great "Fall" quote!

Linda said...

Well-composed images. I love the flowers.

Lisa said...

I would love to have a front porch to sit out on in the mornings.
We have a back patio but the neighbors dogs bark at us while we are out there.

Lisa

Ann said...

I wonder if they dug up that lot because they were concerned about the ground sinking in with all that junk buried there. Otherwise it seems like a bit of a waste to dig it up only to fill it back in.
Nice that you have the front porch for sitting out and enjoying the day. I've always wanted either a covered front porch or a covered deck.

eileeninmd said...

Great photos from you walk, I like the flowers.
The button is cute! Take care, have a great day!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That was a good idea to clear out the junk. You never know what might be under there and I wouldn't want to be living on top of stuff that might be poisoning me or the environment. Better to do it now.

Bill said...

Pretty flowers and a cool looking bike.

Jennifer said...

Hope you had a lovely walk this morning as well!! Enjoyed your button photos:)

William Kendall said...

An unusual button.