Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 05, 2023

Sub Rolls

 

On the drive to town saw a few deer and rabbits.
Started walking at 6:25 and sunrise was at 7:17.
NO FOG, just lots of sunshine once it got light out.
Morning Walk Steps were 14,251

Walked up and down one of the town roads, then up another and headed over to the industrial park.
Saw Lisa walking in the other direction going to the cemeteries.

Walked around the industrial park and up and down the road behind the DG Market.


Continued down the main through town and down towards home a ways before getting back to town and the Jeep.

The mornings this past week have been gorgeous and I'm enjoying every one.


On the drive back home saw a few more deer.

☀️         🥾         🙂

David was talking to a friend and coworker and my morning walk came up.
He was telling him that I walk around town in the mornings.
Friend said, I think I see her. Does she wear bright colors!?
David said yes, that's my mom.

Got another load of laundry hung up on the line on this nice sunny day.

Ken can't seem to find a sub roll that he really likes so today I tried baking some.
He said these are just what he's been looking for!


Today for lunch we made a Swiss cheese and ham sub on one and cut it in half.
So good.  Looks like I'll be baking sub rolls from now on.

I've posted the recipe on Karen's Kitchen.

Another great day for porch sitting.
Knitted and read.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

Winter is an etching, 
spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting 
and autumn a mosaic of them all.

Stanley Horowitz

Comment Replies:
Ginny - No, I'll keep walking at the same time.  I like to walk as soon as I get up in the morning.  The only time I walk later is if I wake up late or in the winter if I think there might be ice around and I want to see the ice. Once in a while if it is storming and supposed to clear up, I'll go a little later.

Bill - We moved here in the woods in 2018 and that's when I started the fence.  I've been clearing the woods around our house and keep going farther and farther.  With 21 acres I'll never be finished!! :)

16 comments:

John's Island said...

I love subs … thanks so much for the recipe!

Tom said...

...those are beautiful sub rolls!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I am impressed at making your own sub rolls. And the meal sounds so good! I would try them myself, but don't have a stand mixer. Your photos of the trees are GORGEOUS!!

Lowcarb team member said...

Beautiful Autumn colours in your photographs, and those rolls look great.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Those sub rolls look so fresh and delicious! I love the fall colors in your area. See you again tomorrow.

Billie Jo said...

My goodness! Fall in your world is absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for the recipe. I would love to give that a try. Have a cozy autumn evening, my friend!

Granny Marigold said...

What wonderful Autumn colour you have in your area. Still waiting for more colour here. The sub buns look great. It's so easy to vary the shape of whatever dough you normally make. Anything home made tastes better than bought IMHO.

ellen b. said...

Fresh sub buns, they look great. I love good fresh baked bread. Love your autumn colors!

Prims By The Water said...

No porch sitting today with the rain. Lovely Fall foliage. I love homemade breads but not good at making any of the recipes. Janice

Mari said...

Your walks really have been gorgeous! I love seeing those Fall colors.
I bet those buns were so good!

Debi said...

Fall is my favorite season so I'm really enjoying your walks!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful fall colours.

Ann said...

Those sub rolls look perfect. Nothing beats home made.
It's really looking like fall in your area. There's more color on the trees every day here.

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love to walk in the morning but I would be nervous to walk so close to the woods in the dark. We don't have that much color on our trees yet but we will soon.

eileeninmd said...

The trees are so colorful and pretty. Are the colors there peaking now? We still have mostly green trees here. Your sub rolls look yummy. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend!

Bill said...

The colour of the trees are so pretty. sub rolls, had a ham and swiss myself for lunch. I like swiss cheese with ham. YUM! That's a long time to be constructing that fence but it looks great.