Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Tuesday

 

55 degrees when I started my walk at 6:25 when I got to town.
Most of the time it was cloudy but the last half hour a light misty rain started so I got a little damp.
Sunrise was at 7:08

Had a couple of DVD's to drop off at the library so did that first.
Then the usual walk up and down the streets in town, both cemeteries and the ball park.


Something going on with the library parking lot.
Maybe just getting new parking lines painted or maybe it is getting repaved.
Will see what's up with that tomorrow.

Saw Lisa out walking, John with Prim, and Rebecca running.
Had a little chat with all of them.


End of the line.


Morning Walk Steps were 13,698

🙂         ☁️         🥾

Shopping day and this time it was at the Shop and Save which we did first thing after breakfast.

I started knitting another shawl like the last one but instead of the garter stitch I'm using a stockinette stitch.
Making this one for myself and it is pink.
I will mostly be working on this Saturdays when I meet the ladies at the library.
This is something that I don't need to count stitches and can talk without thinking about what I'm knitting.
Last week I had to back stitch a couple of rows that I messed up when I got home.

Happy Tuesday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳


17 comments:

Sandi said...

I like how the little road just stops for the cornfield. :)

Tom said...

...the cemetery looks neat and tidy!

Hill Top Post said...

I love pictures with gates, so this is a favorite of mine. All those gate pictures would make a great picture book, I think. I am wondering when the rest of the crops will be harvested.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. You take such lovely pictures. I am wondering if you have any of your photographs hanging up in your house. Will look forward to seeing the new pink shawl you are working on. I sure wish I knew how to knit. Glad you got the shopping done. See you again tomorrow!

Mari said...

Such a pretty cemetery! I like the leaves you found too.
Your shawl will be feeling good when you get it done.

Bill said...

Beautiful and colourful leaves. I like today's buttons, they're nice.

Prims By The Water said...

I tried learning how to knit from my aunt who was great at it Being a leftie I could not get the hang of doing the purl stitch. Loved seeing your pictures and will look forward to getting to know you more. Glad you found my blog. Janice

William Kendall said...

That cemetery looks peaceful.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The fall leaves are beautiful. And I love the wonderful country photo that is your first.

Ann said...

Such pretty fall leaves. I've noticed it starting here. It won't be long before everything is ablaze with color.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scenes and photos. The fall leaves are beautiful.
Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

They need a sign at the end of that road in case someone walks into the field.

God bless.

Kerri Farley said...

Autumn is upon us! Beautiful captures!
And your buttons are so lovely - they remind me of earrings.

Michelle said...

I like a nice cemetery. I always enjoy the scenery from your walks.

Jeanette said...

Those are interesting buttons!

Granny Marigold said...

I don't always stop and read the quotation from Eliz.von Arnim. but today I reread it and agreed totally.
That first picture is my fav. today.

Happy@Home said...

I'm glad that you are making something for yourself. You are so generous to others always. I hope we will get to see you modeling the finished shawl.