Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 27, 2023

A couple more changes

 

When I got to town and started walking at 6:30 it was 52 degrees and windy.
It was mostly cloudy with a very light misty rain occasionally, but not enough to get me wet.
Sunrise was at 7:09
Morning Walk Steps were 13,729

Walked around town under the street lights and then headed down the main road toward home aways and then back to town.
Continued walking all over town, both the cemeteries and the ball park.

Ran into Lisa up at the cemetery and we walked around it a couple of times together and then we each went off on our own.

The corn was blowing around pretty good.
It has its own cool sound that I love to hear. 


I smelled a skunk and then later saw it in the road after it had gotten hit by a car.
Lots of skunks around lately.

Walking along I saw this and it made me smile.
Nice to see that some kids still play outside and use their imaginations.
Salad anyone!?


 🙂         🥾         ☁️

Got a crock pot of chili going this morning.
This gives us 3 different meals, chili, taco salad, and chili mac.

Then we went to the dump to get rid of this weeks garbage.
Made a stop at the library on the way home to pick up a book I had on hold.
The Personal Librarian by Marie Benedict which is next months book club choice.

Changed a couple more things around this afternoon.
Got tired of looking at these white shelves in the kitchen.


I have some old boxes and turned them into some shelves to replace the white shelves.


The white shelves are now in my craft closet.


Happy Wednesday and thanks for visiting.
happyone👩🏻‍🦳

The button pictures are winding down. 
After today, just 6 more.


Comment Replies:
Deb - No, I don't have any of the pictures I've taken hanging on my walls.  Don't even save the pictures except on my blog.  I can always go outside and see the real thing!! 🙂

HillTop - The corn I see on my walk are feed for animals. It is cut down when it all turns brown sometime in Oct.

20 comments:

Tom said...

...we were out yesterday and many farmers were cutting corn for silage. Are some of your bowl Fiestaware? I have a few saucers that I use under small plants and a pitcher.

Billie Jo said...

Hello! You described the corn's sound so perfectly; I could hear it in my mind. And your kitchen shelves look lovely!!! Cozy and warm for autumn. Have a nice evening, my friend.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! I love the change in your kitchen. Those boxes are rustic and make perfect shelves. Your craft closet is so nice and neat and well organized and I love the blue paint on your walls. Blue is my favorite color! See the "pretend dinner" that some children set up made me smile too, and remember my own children when they were little. Have another nice day tomorrow. See you then!

Bill said...

I like the old post fence in the first photo. The old boxes you placed together look great, I like it better than the white one. Have a great evening.

Mari said...

I know that sound of corn rustling in the wind.
I really like what you did with the boxes, it looks nice!

Prims By The Water said...

I like how you changed up things Looks very nice. Whenever I do that it makes a room look better. Cute salad cart. Janice

Terra said...

Your new book shelves look good and the white shelves are still useful for you. It is fun to change things up.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love both the white shelves and the boxes! And you have them filled so beautifully! Each one has a different feel. Modern for the white, and farmhouse country for the boxes.

NanaDiana said...

That was a lot of steps early in the day. I am lucky to get my three miles in every day but I do try to do that much. I love the sound of corn rustling, too. xo Diana

Granny Marigold said...

The rustic wooden boxes make a nice change. I can see the corn leaning in the wind. Are those just weeds growing between the corn field and the road?

Ann said...

I like those white shelves but I'm really liking what you did with the boxes. That looks very nice.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the first two scenes and photos. The chili sounds yummy.
I like both the white shelves and the wood boxes, they look nice.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Jeanette said...

I like the look of your new shelves!

GrammaGrits said...

Love the wooden boxes in your kitchen! Thanks, too, for sharing pictures from your walks. After living in the country in Colorado years ago, I realize how blessed we were. In a small town now and enjoy it but it'll never be like the country life. . .

Happy@Home said...

I like both of your looks in the kitchen. The new one with the boxes has a warm, cozy feel with the rag rug in front. Perfect for fall and winter.

Cloudia said...

Beautiful walking with you. Thank you Aloha

Lowcarb team member said...

Crock pot of chili is ideal for cooler Autumnal days.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

That's a fun shelving change. The boxes pieced together looks nice. I'm still recovering from jet lag but it's getting better everyday.

Rose said...

I like how you made your boxes in shelving units...

William Kendall said...

That shelving is a nice touch.