Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, September 10, 2023

Sunday

 Happy Sunday


For the month of September we as a church are working on memorizing

Habakkuk 3:2

O LORD, I have heard thy speech, and was afraid: 
O LORD, revive thy work in the midst of the years, 
in the midst of the years make known; 
in wrath remember mercy.

🧶         ðŸ§¶

Today at church I gave Tina the shawl I knitted.
She loved it and was certainly happy and thankful to receive it.
I don't know who was happier, me seeing her reaction or Tina getting it.

A Blessed Sunday to all.
happyone. 


Comment Replies:
Deb - There There by Tommy Orange is fiction.  So far it is okay, but quite a lot of the F word in it. 

16 comments:

Tom said...

...you gave Tina a wonderful gift!

Bill said...

What a nice gift to give Tina.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your photo is magnificent! These buttons are a trick of the eye. They look square, but are not.

Sandi said...

Have a blessed Sunday, Karen. 🌸

Henny Penny said...

I enjoy your Sunday posts. Doesn't it make you happy to give someone something and can tell they really love it. That's so nice. I love your shadow picture and the rainbow in your last post.

William Kendall said...

Gorgeous sky.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is so sweet of you to give that beautiful shawl away. Thanks for telling me about There, There. I don't like to read books with a whole lot of F-bombs in them. See you again soon!

Mari said...

I always enjoy your Sunday posts. I know you made Tina happy, and I know giving it made you happy!
How interesting you shared a verse from Habakkuk. I just started a Sunday School class today and we are studying the book of Habakkuk. That's a good verse to memorize.

Michelle said...

I hope you have had a blessed Sunday!

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely gift for Tina.
I hope you've been enjoying a wonderful Sunday.

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

Interesting buttons. I wonder what they originally were used for.

Ann said...

I think that giving gifts and seeing a happy reaction is better than getting a gift yourself.

Debbie said...

What a blessing to receive that beautiful shawl! I love giving gifts :)

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous sky photo!
Take care, have a great day!

ellen b. said...

Sweet reaction from Tina. 'it is better to give than to receive'
Have a wonderful next couple of weeks. I'll be missing in the comment sections until October!! Blessings.

Jennifer said...

And Happy Monday to you!!:) (oh the giving is so much sweeter than the receiving!)