Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 09, 2023

Rainbow

After a rainy night I woke up to a rainy morning.
Our internet went down about 6 last night and we didn't get it back till 1:30 this afternoon.
It was 62 degrees when I started my walk at 6:30.
Sunrise was at 6:52 but I didn't see it with all the rain.
There was no wind so I stayed pretty dry at first with my umbrella.

Walked all around town and up and down the side streets.
Then headed up to the cemetery.
By this time the rain was getting lighter and in this picture the sun was starting to make an appearance while it was raining.


By the time I walked around the cemetery a couple of times the sun was out and only a drizzle of rain.
You can see me holding the umbrella in my shadow.


When I got down the hill the rain had stopped completely and I left the umbrella in the Jeep and walked over to the ball park.

That wasn't the end of the rain though and once at the ball park the rain came again and I got wet.
It didn't last long and soon I was dry again.

With the dark clouds and sun and rain I was on the lookout for a rainbow and sure enough a beautiful rainbow appeared.
Hard to see in the picture but there was a double rainbow.
These pictures DO NOT do it justice.
I stopped walking and just looked at it till it faded away.


 

Rebecca was out walking and got to see the rainbow too.

Morning Walking Steps 12,949

🙂      🥾      ☀️     ☁️     ðŸŒ§     ðŸŒˆ

Went to the library for a morning of needlework.
Only a few of us there but it was nice!!
I made a few weave-it squares this time.

Got the basic house chores done and then puttered about.
Sunny for part of the day and then back to rain.

Started reading There There which is the book for this coming Thursdays book club meeting.

Happy Saturday
Thanks for visiting
happyone

16 comments:

Granny Marigold said...

I like rainbows and I'm always glad to see one. Sounds like you had a day of mixed weather.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful double rainbow. You can see it pretty good in the 2nd picture!

Lowcarb team member said...

What a beautiful rainbow.

All the best Jan

The Furry Gnome said...

I haven't seen a rainbow in ages!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I DO see the double in the second photo of the rainbow! And the rainbow is large, too!! This button would be good on a sweater. I love you between the rows of corn!

Mari said...

Wow! I see the double rainbow. Such beautiful photos today!

Tom said...

...we had drazel most of the day, but no sun for a rainbow!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely rainbow! We had a sunny, warm morning here, then clouds and a little rain in the afternoon. I have been hearing a lot about that book, "There, There." In fact, it was mentioned in a nonfiction audiobook that Charly and I were listening to just this afternoon. I will be very interested to hear how you like it. I hope you have a good Sunday. See you again soon!

Ann said...

How wonderful to be rewarded with a rainbow after that rain. I can see the double one.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful scenes and photos. Love the rainbow and a great shadow shot!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week!

R's Rue said...

Stunning.

Bill said...

Stunning looking rainbow!

Linda said...

Lovely rainbow! I am grateful for rain.

William Kendall said...

That first shot is wonderfully moody.

Michelle said...

A beautiful rainbow. I think they are special :)

Debby said...

Photo #1 is my favorite. The rain is so nice.