Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 11, 2023

Dusk to Dawn


Another foggy start for walking.
Was in town and walking at 6:20.
Walked around town first under the street lights.
Around 6:45 one at a time the lights start going off.
Sunrise was at 6:54
Temperature was 60 degrees and very still.
Morning Walk Steps 12,897

My usual walk all around town, the ball park, and both cemeteries.

Bulls in the barn.


Saw Lisa walking and we said good morning though it felt more like it was still night!


A while back I took a picture of a work truck that said DUSK to DAWN and I thought it should have been the other way around.
Dusk to dawn sounds like night work.
I thought there might be a story here.

This morning I saw the man getting into the truck to go to work and I asked him about it.
This is what he told me.
When the business first started the two men had day jobs and would work at night getting the business going.  
After the business got going the men quit their day jobs and were able to work during the day.
They kept the name as it catches peoples eye and is good advertising.

I thought it was nice that the man took the time to explain it to me and thanked him.

By the time I was done with my walk the sun was shining.

🌫         ðŸŒ¤         ðŸ™‚

Made us pancakes for breakfast.
Got the sheets washed and hung out to dry.

I got a very good start on my house cleaning chores for the week.
Nice to get a lot done on Monday!!

Still had some time for reading, knitting, and sitting out on the front porch.

Happy Monday
Thanks for visiting
happyone

This button looks like a bundt pan to me.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that they do good work, painters aren't easy to find these days.

Ann said...

Nice that the man told the story about the name. I could use someone to pressure wash my deck.
That button does look like a bundt pan.

Mari said...

Interesting to know the meaning behind the name.
The leaves are so pretty!
Yes, it really does look like a bundt pan.

Ginny Hartzler said...

This button is definitely for a bathrobe! I love the three different colors of leaves!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a very interesting name for the business and it has an interesting story behind it. The men who started the company sound like very hard-working guys. So glad you had a nice start to the week and got a lot of cleaning chores finished. See you again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

The bulls have a wonderful place to stay while they await their new homes. You certainly meet some nice friendly folks when you are out and about town.

Cloudia said...

How fun walking around town with you early in the morning! Aloha friend!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky, I like the fog.
I like the line of bulls! The leaves are pretty.
Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Dusk to Dawn is a good name.

God bless.

Debbie said...

I bet there are a lot of interesting stories about how businesses get their names. That would make an interesting book :)

And that button does look like a little, tiny bundt pan!

Have a wonderful day!

Bill said...

That is a great name for the business, I like it. Today's button reminded me of lifesavers from years ago.

Aritha V. said...

Oh, what a lovely story. It's definitely a good thing to keep the name when there's such a history attached to it. The photo is so beautiful, your first one. I've never seen such low-hanging clouds and those kinds of mountains (or are they hills?). And the photo with the tree leaves is magnificent. You make me very happy with this. Thank you!

Liefs,
Aritha

William Kendall said...

The bulls must be used to you.

Lowcarb team member said...

Those leaves look nice, I like their colours.

All the best Jan