Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 08, 2023

Finished Shawl

64 degrees this morning when I got to town at 6:20 and started walking.
Calm with no breeze at all and it was cloudy.
Sunrise was at 6:51
Morning Walk Steps 13,610
Found a dime 

Today I walked through town and over to the industrial park and walked around there.


Continued up and down the road behind the DG Market. 
It's the road between the main road and the industrial park.



By the time I got back to town I just had to walk around the upper cemetery a couple times to finish my walk.

Lisa was out walking and Dwayne was along with her again.
He said to me, she got me out here two days in a row.
I said good, it would be nice to see you every day.
He said she tries!!

No messages left on the mirror today by either one of us - it was dry!


☁️         ðŸ¥¾         ðŸ™‚         ☁️

Another trip to Lowe's s today.
While Ken was picking out some things he needed in the electrical department I wandered around the store.

This afternoon I got all 185 stitches on the needle which means I finished the shawl.



Happy Friday
Thanks for visiting
happyone

This one looks like a happy black sunflower.


Comment Replies:
Ginny - hope you don't find todays black button depressing. 🙂
The yellow wild flowers from yesterday are golden rod.

Mari - Don't like to take pictures of the house in town when the builders are working but will when they aren't there.  I have been taking the pictures when I first get to town but lately it is too dark for pictures.

Debi - I don't have much choice about hanging the clothes outside - don't have a clothes dryer!! 🙂

17 comments:

Tom said...

..the shawl is so colorful and it looks great on the model!

Pom Pom said...

I love your shawl! Well done!

The Furry Gnome said...

Nice looking shawl!

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

Nice shawl.

Bill said...

I like your colourful shawl, it looks nice on you,

Hill Top Post said...

I love the shawl! You will be needing it sooner than later.

Mari said...

I really like that shawl!
The black button is cute.
I wouldn't want to take pictures when the builders are working either. I can wait! :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

The black button is not depressing because it has a flower on it! Your shawl is beautiful and colorful. It looks like each and every stitch is perfect!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That is a beautiful shawl! Great job on it. You are so talented with the needles! See you again tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely shawl! The black button does look a bit like a SUNFLOWER. I didn't walk this morning because I'm not feeling great. Hopefully tomorrow I'll get back on track.

Ann said...

All those wood pallets in that first picture would be a crafters dream. I've seen lots of things made with. If I was better at working with wood I would give some a try.
That shawl is really pretty. It's the perfect thing for sitting on the porch reading when the weather gets a little colder.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like the view of the road in the second photo.
Your shawl is so pretty, well done.
Take care, have a happy weekend.

Debbie said...

You did a wonderful job on the shawl! Very pretty :) I like the button too!

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE the shawl!!

William Kendall said...

Not cool enough for the mirror.

Jeanette said...

Pretty shawl!

Lowcarb team member said...

Your shawl looks great :)

All the best Jan