Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 23, 2023

Pie

 

49 degrees this morning when I got to town and started walking at 6:30.
A very light mist at first that got harder as I walked till I was soaked by the time I got back to the Jeep.
Ended my walk a little shorter than usual with 11,123 steps.
Sunrise was at 7:05


Walked through town over to the DG Market - hoping to find some coins in the parking lot, but no luck this time.
Went up and down the road behind the DG and then walked around the industrial park and back through town.


The house with the tent yesterday that I said was getting reading for a yard sale today is actually an auction.
Good thing they had a tent because of the rain.
They put sides up on the tent today.

Lisa was out walking getting wet too.

☁️         ðŸŒ§        🥾        🙂

Went to the library this morning and met the ladies for a happy time of knitting.
Just us four again.
Last week I had given Jalene (Farmer Marvin's wife) a basket and this week she baked me an apple pie to say thank you.
I asked her if she I could give her another basket next week!! 😀
Ken and I had a piece of it as soon as I got home.
It was delicious!!!!


This afternoon I worked on getting my craft closet back to order.  

Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
happyone


Comment Replies:
Debby - No, haven't washed the pot holders but I do dust them.
Population of my little town is 338.  It does not seem like it is getting more populated. Though there are some new houses being built, they are not sold and who knows how long it will take to build 4 more.
Not many people want to move here because there is no work, too remote, and the snowy winters.  It is not for everyone, which makes it nice for us.

Bill - The modular home is supposed to arrive on the lot next week, but we shall have to see.

Ginny - Here is my reading corner.

The two dressers I moved.  This one I took out of the bedroom for my reading corner.

This one got moved from my craft closet to the bedroom.

You can see my pot holder collection HERE which I posted back in Feb of 2022.  Have gotten 5 more since then, three you can see in yesterday's post.

13 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your potholder collection is so awesome and cheerful. My favorite is the sunflowers. The furniture looks so heavy! Maybe you took the drawers out. Thanks for showing me your reading corner, I love it. I like the cheerful yellow walls, and the combination of that with the blues is beautiful! I also like the little house with the turret on top.

Tom said...

..we had some sugar free raspberry pie for dinner.

Mari said...

I really like that barn.
The pie is beautiful! Glad it tasted as good as it looks.
I enjoyed seeing the pictures of your home with your furniture moves.

Granny Marigold said...

That rustic pie looks good. I see she sprinkled coarse sugar on the crust. I must remember to do that. It's pretty and would add crunch.

Ann said...

That pie looks so good. I would break my diet for that. :)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Happy Sunday! Love the barn photo. Your reading corner looks pretty, I love that last dresser. The pie looks yummy, I am going try making one like that too. Take care, have a great week!

Bill said...

You created a nice reading corner, I like it. Delicious looking pie, YUM!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the way you moved your furniture around. It will be very nice to have a reading corner in your room. Have a good week. See you again soon!

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

That is my kinda of pie. I love the rustic pie shell. Now I want pie...but we're still eating zucchini bread...

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The barn is not stable!!!

God bless.

Debbie said...

Your town size sounds very quaint and like such a nice place to live. And the pie looks delicious!

Lowcarb team member said...

That pie does look delicious.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

I'll have to pick up pie sometime soon. Canadian Thanksgiving is coming.