Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 07, 2023

Out, In, and Out

 

To town and walking at 6:18.
Sunrise was at 6:50.
No fog this morning.
Still a bit dark when I arrived in town, but after the sun rose there was a mix of sun and clouds.

Morning Walk Steps - 13,263



First walked up and down the main road through town, then around the upper cemetery and over to the ball park and walked that loop.
Continued down the main road back toward home and then back to town again.
Up and down some side streets till my wrist vibrated and then back to the Jeep.

I got to the cemetery before Lisa today  and I was the one to leave the message on the mirror. 🙂
What was the message I left you ask.
Be Thankful Be Happy

Saw Lisa walking and this time her husband Dwayne was with her too - she walking a little ahead of him.

John was out walking Prim.
The first time I saw Rebecca she was walking Leo and the second time I saw her she was alone and running.

All the windows are installed in the new house in town and today they were starting on the siding - white vertical, which looks nice with the black roof and black window frames.

On the way back to my house there were a few deer crossing the street a little ways down from the house.
The deer must know the Jeep and that I stop for them because they didn't seem to be phased by the car at all and took their sweet time crossing the street.

🙂         ðŸ¥¾         ðŸŒ¤         ðŸ¦Œ

Since the sun was out I hung a load of laundry out on the line.
Then the clouds moved in, heard thunder and it started raining.
In came the clothes.
Cleared up after lunch and back out went the clothes!!

We ran out of English muffins so I baked a couple of English Muffin Loaves.

Ken was in the mood for lemon cake so I baked a lemon cake too.
Used a box mix but made the icing.  
I used my Vanilla Icing recipe but added 1/8 teaspoon of lemon extract to give it just a hint of lemon.

I've been making some weave-it squares for Septembers baby blanket.
These are the 4 colors I'm using for this one.


Happy Thursday and 
Thanks for visiting.
happyone












Comment Replies:
A few of you mentioned the sign that someone crashed into on yesterdays post.
It wasn't all the foggy so I' don't think the fog had nothing to do with it.  
I agree with Ann - probably a drunk driver or some one on the phone!!!

16 comments:

Tom said...

...it seems to be the rage to have white and black houses theses days. The red fruit on the American Highbush cranberry should attract the birds!

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice Autumnal colours for Septembers baby blanket.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love the fall colors of this month's baby blanket. Sounds like another good walk and a great day! See you again tomorrow.

Debi said...

I love the colors that you've chosen for September's baby blanket!

Mari said...

The wild flowers are looking like Fall and are pretty. Your blanket colors look like Fall too.
I think you need to share a pic of the new house and the progress they are making. :)

ellen b. said...

That house sounds like it is coming along nicely. The colors of autumn for your next baby blanket?

Ginny Hartzler said...

The colors of your squares are so pretty, and perfect for fall. Your first photo, is that Goldenrod, or maybe wild Mustard?

Granny Marigold said...

How lovely it must be to see deer on your drive to or from town. Nice too, that the deer seem to know your Jeep and are not fazed by it.

Ann said...

That rain made for extra work with the clothes on the line.
I love the colors you're using for your weave it squares.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely close-up photos.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like the pretty berries and your message, be thankful be happy!
Our deer have disappeared, hunting season is starting soon.
The cake sounds yummy.
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend.

Bill said...

The first photo is my favourite.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

There are always interesting things to see on a walk. I've seen more bikes on the trails this week! Enjoy your afternoon!

susan q said...

love the fog pics of yesterday. Weave it squares are lovely fall colors for a blanket♥

Kerri Farley said...

LOVE those fall colors for the new baby blanket.

William Kendall said...

The little berries are neat.