Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, September 18, 2023

Monday

 

To town and walking at 6:20.
Drove the truck to town this morning.
David borrowed my Jeep.
The temperature was 52 and it was cloudy for all of my walk.
Sunrise was at 7:01
Morning Walk Steps were 13,440

Walked straight through town with a detour to drop a DVD down the library slot.
Continued up the main road till I got to the curve in the road.
Went up this farm road on the right a little ways, turned around and headed back to town.


As I passed by the industrial park decided to go walking in there.
Also walked up and down the road behind the DG Market and then back around town.

John was walking Prim and she was barking which is unusual for her.
John pointed out a skunk up ahead and that was what she was barking out.
The skunk turned off into a yard and thankfully disappeared.

Lisa was out walking and I saw Eric with Sparky just as I was getting into the truck to come home.

Lucky day - I found a penny


It was a pancake breakfast day and afterward we went out to Lowe's.
Today was the first time we saw this sign reserved for veterans so we pulled in this spot right up front.
We were picking something up so it was convenient being right up front.


This greeted us as we walked into Lowe's.
Price tag on this GIANT was $398.
Who would spend that much money for that, surely not me.


We had a little sun this afternoon, then a little rain, and back to sun.

Happy Monday
Thanks for stopping by
happyone👩🏻‍🦳
Todays button is cloth


15 comments:

Tom said...

...your first picture is a common sight here.

Mari said...

I like that farm implement with the barn in the background.
I also like the Veteran parking! I've never seen that and would be for it everywhere.
Glad you avoided the skunk.
I am not a fan of big decorations in the yard, especially if they are gory, and more so for that price!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! Would you believe I have an irrational fear of skunks?!?! And who would pay that much money for that thing?? And I love Halloween!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Those giant decorations at Lowe's are ghastly! The farmhouse style yard decoration in the barn's yard is very cool!! I remember seeing buttons like this...on a suit, I think.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like barns ...

God bless.

Ann said...

Good thing Prim set off the warning bark about the skunk.
I would never spend that much money on a Halloween decoration but there is house down the street from me that has several of the really big ones in their yard. He had to have spent a fortune on them.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like the first scene and photo.
I am glad the skunk walked away.
They are huge Halloween decorations, pricey too.
Take care, have a happy day!

Debbie said...

I love the first picture! And why does anyone decorate for Halloween? It's creepy!

MELODY JACOB said...

Cool photos

https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/09/a-step-by-step-guide-on-how-to-style-a-green-flare-pleated-dress.html

Jeanette said...

Giant Halloween decorations are becoming more and more popular! I can't imagine spending that much money on one though!

Bill said...

People pay high prices for those giant decorations, that's insane.

Happy@Home said...

I saw those giant Halloween decorations last time I was at Lowe's and wondered who in the world would buy them. You would have to have a large area to store them. I didn't look at the price. Geez!! Now I really wonder who would buy them. LOL.

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness $398 for the giant decoration, that does seem a lot!!!

All the best Jan

Bill said...

That's a lot of money for those giant decorations.

William Kendall said...

Skunks are neat.

As long as you don't startle them.