Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Misty Rain

 

In town walking at 6:20.
It was 61 degrees and with a slight breeze.
Sunrise was at 6:56
Morning Walk Steps - 13,213

Didn't expect rain so was surprised when I felt the first drops of rain after walking 10 minutes.
I had a hooded sweat shirt in the Jeep so went back for that.
It wasn't a heavy rain but it misted on and off for all of my walk.


Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park, and up and down the side streets all over town.

Saw Lisa up at the cemetery and we walked around it once together.
She left and I walked around it again.
John was out walking Prim.

Stopped to take pictures of the pretty hydrangea blooms.


These pretty flowers in the big pot are at the library.
There are 5 or 6 of them out front.


Yesterday a white garage door was installed at the new house in town.
I was thinking a black door would look better with so much white.

πŸ™‚         πŸŒ§         ☁️         πŸ₯Ύ

Finished the major house cleaning jobs for this week!!!
Now just the every day routine chores for the rest of the week.

Finished reading The Only Survivors by Megan Miranda.
I liked it but not one of my favorites.

Did a bit of knitting this afternoon too.  
Making some of those mini prayer squares.

Happy Wednesday
Thanks for popping in.
happyone


14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a beautiful green photo of the corn. And the Hydrangeas are gorgeous. My, they are blooming very late! This button, hmmm, maybe another bathrobe?

Tom said...

...our drizzle fizzled. We are dry!!!

Visits With Mary said...

I've been looking at prayer flags and thinking they might be a fun project! Hope you had a Wonderful Wednesday!

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful flowers, especially the hydrangeas.
What are mini prayer squares?

Ann said...

Those hydrangea are beautiful. I'm hoping mine gets blooms like that again next year. The flowers in the pot are pretty too. I would love to have those outside but I always forget to water them.

Aritha V. said...

Yes, rain can surprise us during the hike. And also that it's a bit cooler. Yesterday, I was cycling, and I was glad I listened to my husband (to bring a sweater in my backpack). On an e-bike, you get cold faster because you cycle faster than on a regular one.

The library flowers are beautiful and vibrant in your picture. I hope the sun shines for you today. Then you'll have a dry walk today. ☔🌦️🌼🌞

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The hydrangea blooms are beautiful and the flowers in the pot are pretty.
A misty rain is not too bad while you are walking.
Take care, have a wonderful day!

Mari said...

The hydrangeas are so pretty. They are having a good year here too.
Corn is getting ready to be harvested!

Sandi said...

Gorgeous!

knorretje57 said...

What a beautiful idea, those prayer squares, I immediately looked up some quilt patterns, who knows, maybe I'll get started with them sometime. :)

Debbie said...

I love the picture looking down the road. Your town always looks so cozy and inviting. The flowers are so pretty!

Inger said...

I love the way your blog looks now. I'm hoping to change my format and colors too, but I'm not sure I know what to do any longer. Old age caching up with me, which is OK and normal, but still...

Bill said...

It was drizzling this morning when we went to the market.

William Kendall said...

Beautiful blooms!