Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 14, 2023

Beautiful Weather

 

Was at town and walking at 6:15
Sunrise was 6:57
It was 55 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds - great walking weather.
Morning Walk Steps - 13,513

Since it is dark when I get to town I start walking where the street lights are.
Walked up and down the main road and some side streets.
Continued around the ball park loop and both cemeteries.

Saw the first Halloween decorations in town.


This house backs up to one of the cemeteries.
I like how they have scattered the pumpkins all around the yard.


No activity yet at the barn down by the Drane house and the weeds are getting pretty high.


I started out with my sweatshirt on but it wasn't long before I got warm and dropped it off at the Jeep.

Went over to the library and dropped a book and a DVD down the slot.

John was out walking and I ran into him three different times.
Lisa and husband Dwayne were out too and so was Rebecca.

Phil the Wiggleman has been gone awhile now and I do miss him and his cheery Good Mornings.

🙂         ðŸ¥¾         ðŸŒ¤

The book club met this morning but I didn't go.  
Read part of There There, but didn't really like it so quit reading it.
It wasn't our normal book club but one organized for ONE MARYLAND ONE.

A nice cool sunny day and I spent part of the afternoon outside around the house.
Quite a few weeds growing up in the gravel and got a lot of them pulled up.
Then like most days I sat out on the front porch.
Have to take advantage of porch sitting days because they are numbered.


Happy Thursday
Thanks for popping in.
happyone


Comment Replies:
GrannyM - You can see what mini prayer squares are HERE.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...folks decorate for Halloween earlier these days.

Debby @ From My House to Yours said...

Just today I saw very tall ghoulish characters in someone's front yard.

Ginny Hartzler said...

So the first photo, do you ever walk on that path? I have never seen a house decorated by scattering pumpkins all over, it is unique! Makes it look like a pumpkin patch. These buttons have an illusion of looking a bit like leather.

Mari said...

I like that little path by the fence. I think everything looks extra pretty when the sun is coming up.
I'm not one to decorate for Halloween, but I do need to get some Fall things out.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I heard that There, There had a lot of language in it. Was that why you didn't like it? I think you have very good book recommendations and I trust your opinions. I like the fall decorations in your town. I'm with you, my favorite is the yard with pumpkins scattered at various places around the yard. Do you plan to decorate for fall? I have a few fall things, but we are still trying to get everything settled in here now that our bathroom remodeling is finished so I may not decorate for fall. I will see you again tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for explaining the mini prayer squares. They're quite lovely.
I like the pumpkins as decorations for Fall but I'm not one for anything Halloween. It all seems gruesome to me.

Hill Top Post said...

And, it’s a pretty little town lit up in early morning. There will soon be frost and one sweat shirt will not be enough…

Ann said...

I saw a house here that was decorated for Halloween at the beginning of the month. Seems a bit early to me but I suppose if it makes you happy why not.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like the decorations and pumpkins. The mornings have been really chilly here, jacket weather. I love the first photo and scene. Take care, have a great day and happy weekend.

Inger said...

It's always such fun to follow your walks while sitting in my bed, I guess three hours behind you back east.

Bill said...

Halloween is early these days.

Jeanette said...

I like the long front porch on that house! I know that days of sitting outside are numbered and it makes me sad!

William Kendall said...

The nights are getting cooler.

Lowcarb team member said...

It seems Halloween is getting earlier and earlier these days.

All the best Jan