Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, September 15, 2023

Cake Donuts

 

In town and walking at 6:22
44 degrees with some patchy fog around, sun was shining too.
Sunrise was at 6:58

Wore my sweatshirt and kept it on the whole time.

Morning Walk Steps were 13,570

Walked around town and then down the road toward home, turned around walked  back to town.
Around both cemeteries and around town again.


The only people I saw out walking were Lisa/Dwayne.
If you look closely you can see them down at the bottom of the picture.
They were going down from the cemetery.


I thought yesterday was the perfect walking weather BUT
today was even better!

🙂         ðŸŒ«         ☀️         ðŸ¥¾

A little while back I made donuts with the air fryer and they were okay so today I tried making regular Cake Donuts, the kind that are fried.
These donuts were much better.


I took a walk up to David and Liz at the cabin and brought them some donuts.
They tried one right then and the donuts were a big hit.
I will be making these again.
They take a bit of time but easy to do and worth it.

Happy Friday
Thanks for popping in.
happyone

This tiny little button looks like a baby tooth!!

Comment Replies:
Ginny - No, don't walk on the path in yesterdays picture.  It is in the pasture by the barn.  I stepped back a bit and took this picture today.
Deb - Yes about the language but I found the whole book depressing. 
No, I'm not decorating for Fall or Halloween.  I don't decorate for each holiday or season, just Christmas.

13 comments:

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I love doughnuts and those look yummy

Tom said...

...Karen, you sure are tall! Many farm markets here make fry cakes with cider, they are a hit!

William Kendall said...

Our sunrise is roughly comparable in time.

Lowcarb team member said...

Goodness ... that button is tiny :)

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Thanks for your thoughts about There, There. I try to avoid depressing books. Life can be depressing enough without reading about depressing things. Those donuts look delicious!! What a great treat to share with David and Liz. So glad you are having such good walking weather. See you again tomorrow!

Mari said...

It's been a gorgeous day here too. I love your shadow pic! It's starting to look quite Fallish over there.
The donuts look good!

Billie Jo said...

Hello! I just love your morning walks. I really need to get out there myself. If I am going to do it, fall is the best time!

Visits With Mary said...

Your donuts look delicious!!!
Hope you've enjoyed a Fabulous Friday.

Ann said...

That sounds like about the same morning temp we had here. I was a bit chilly when I left for work.
Your donuts look really good.

eileeninmd said...

Love the view of the pond and your long shadow shot.
The donuts look yummy! Have a great weekend.

Debbie said...

Karen, have you ever entered any photo contests? If not, you should! (and cake donuts are my favorite!)

Bill said...

I love the look of the pond, very nice!

Granny Marigold said...

My but those doughnuts look good!