Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 16, 2023

A box of yarn

 

Walking in town at 6:20 this morning.
It was 44 degrees, calm with patchy fog in places.
Lots of sunshine too.


Sunrise was at 6:59
Morning Walk Steps were 13,570


Walked around town and the side streets first, before walking around both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Quiet around town on this early Saturday morning.

Lisa and Dwayne were out walking and I met them on the way to the cemetery.  
Once up there I turned left and walked to the big barn.
Then back around the cemetery and then down to the other barn.

Just as I was getting in the jeep to go home I saw Sheila pull in the parking lot.

🙂         🥾         🌫         ☀️

After breakfast (a donut and a donut hole I made yesterday) we made a quick trip to the DG Market to get a few things.

Then I was off again to go to the library for a morning of knitting with the ladies.
There were just the 4 of us again, but it is really nice with a small group.
I made the last of the weave-it squares this week and now just have some sewing to do to finish this months baby blanket. 
One person was doing embroidery and the other two were knitting.
I think next week I'll bake some Welsh Cookies and bring them for the group.

I was getting a little low on yarn so ordered a box of it and this afternoon it came in the mail.  
Got a lot of blues this time because I don't have any blue at all left.


I play Solitaire on line once in a while and the other day I tried a new kind of solitaire called Flower Garden.
Has anyone ever played it before? 
I never get very far into the game before I lose.
Guess I just need more practice, but I find it very hard and can't imagine winning the game.

Happy Saturday
Thanks for popping in for a visit.
happyone 👩🏻‍🦳


Comment Replies:
Debbie - No, I've never entered any photo contests.  

16 comments:

Sandi said...

Beautiful mist on the road.

William Kendall said...

I've only done solitaire on computer the odd time.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

The yarn looks so pretty in the box. I work an online puzzle every day and one day this month...it was a box of yarn that looks very much like yours! Hugs!

Tom said...

...the first image is gorgeous!

Mari said...

Debbie is right - you need to enter some photo contests. You take some lovely photos.
I like your box of yarn, pretty blues in there.
Cute little button today too!

Granny Marigold said...

What a lovely assortment of yarn you chose. Pretty shades of blue.

Skeeter28 said...

I Haven't heard of Flower Garden Solitaire; I will search it out. Currently I am trying to get further along points wise with Mahjong Solitaire and recently I have become quite hooked on Spelling Bee on NYT games. I am from Canada and just recently signed up for a digital version of NYT for the year at a price I couldn't refuse. Must remember to cancel before anniversary date or price jumps up by 150%
I am watching your 20000 day stepping on Walker Tracker; way to go.
Skeeter28

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. You got a nice assortment of yarn. You do take lovely photos. I am assuming that you use your phone. What kind of phone do you have that takes such lovely pictures? I hope you have a good Sunday. See you then!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I never heard of this card game. I adore your photo of the mist around the red barn!! It should be in a magazine of calendar. Interesting button, maybe P.J.'s?

Ann said...

I used to play spider solitaire all the time. Not sure if I've ever heard of the one you're playing or not. Lately my game has been gin rummy.

Aritha V. said...

O what a nice mist in the photo. I love it.

Debbie said...

Thanks for answering my photo contest question :) Well, if the town ever decides to hold a contest, you could easily win! Your photos are always amazing.

Kerri Farley said...

It sounds like a busy Saturday - the best kind! LOVE those colors of blue yarn.

Sandy said...

Good to see you're still getting good walks in. I like to wait til things warm up a bit more before heading out. You got some great photo's of the fog. Fun box of yarn, wish you post some pictures of your projects, love to see them.

Bill said...

The first photo is my favourite.

Lowcarb team member said...

Looks a nice box of yarn.

All the best Jan