Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Flowers on my walk

 A sunny morning walk today and 62 degrees.
So nice walking in the sunshine!!
Sunrise 5:55
Morning Walk Steps 13,358
Found a dime

Had my usual walk around town.

Walked down the main road toward home, turned around and back
to town and walked around both cemeteries and the ball park loops.

Saw a couple of people walking who I've never seen before.
Two men on bicycles passed me.

Bill was out cleaning up candy out of the street from yesterdays parade.

Took a few pictures of some blooms around town.





🌤    🚶‍♀️    💰    🙂

Nice to have a sunny day so I could get some laundry done.
For some reason the clothes didn't get rinsed good.
Could see soap and the clothes were still pretty wet.
I gave them another rinse and all was well.
Hope it was just a fluke and my washing machine isn't on the way out.

I don't think I've ever washed this many socks at one time before.
Between the two of us there were 20 pair!


My two little tomato plants are doing nicely and now there are a
few blossoms on them.
I'll be happy to just get a couple tomatoes.


I watch Mary on her YouTube channel White Cottage Company
and today I felt like her.
I went out back and cut ferns and put them in a white pitcher
which I put on the mantel.

I ended up keeping the white lights on the mantel from Christmas
Just because I like them. 
On dreary days it makes me smile.


Thanks for stopping by
Happy Wednesday
happyone


Comment Replies:
Ann - No, we didn't go to town to see the parade.  We have been other years though.  It is pretty much the same every year and too many people!!

14 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm a boring guy, I have white socks! I miss your smiley faces.

Jeanette said...

I like the way your mantle looks! We still have Christmas lights around the inside of our guest bedroom and sometimes it turn them on. They always lighten my mood!

Mari said...

What a nice temp to walk in. The flowers are so pretty, the clematis is a beautiful color.
Great idea to put ferns in a pitcher.
We don't go to the parade in our town for the same reason. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I like the look of the ferns in a white pitcher and I may copy that idea.
I have a string of white lights in my sunroom. They've been on 24/7 for a couple of years now. I can hardly believe how long they've lasted. They do add cheer, don't they.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your mantle is so large, rustic, and beautiful! You must have an awesome house!!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love your mantle! I the ferns look lovely there. I also like the pictures of the flowers on your walk. Have a good Thursday. See you again soon!

Ann said...

I love your mantle and nice idea to keep the lights on it.
I'm the same with parades around here. They're small town parades that don't have much to them. If it wasn't for them going right by my house I would never see them.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I like walking on the sunny days! The flowers are looking beautiful.
Your mantle looks lovely, I like the ferns and lights. Take care, enjoy your day!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful blooms.

Debbie said...

I kind of miss hanging out clothes! I have so many birds and squirrels in the back yard, that I'm not sure how that would turn out. And the fern in the pitcher is perfect! What a great idea! Love the lights too. I would leave them all year round. In fact, that's a great idea!

Bill said...

The blooms look very nice. I like the lights on your mantel, they add a nice touch to the room when they are on.

Billie Jo said...

Oh my goodness! Your mantle is gorgeous! I would love having those lights on. So cozy!

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the lights on your mantel, a good idea to keep them up.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Look at all those socks! I like the mantle!