Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 04, 2023

Flags around town

Another cloudy morning when I walked and the temperature was 64 degrees.
Sunrise 5:55
Morning Walk Steps 13,564

Had a nice walk around town up and down the streets,
both cemeteries and the ball park.

People out and about in town getting ready for the 
4th of July parade which starts at 11:00.
I was back home long before then.

Since its the 4th of July I took pictures of some of the
flags around town.
This is my favorite one.
I like the flag with the church in the back ground.


This one hangs in the library window.


 Town has flags hung on all the telephone polls.


A house in town 


On a telephone pool in front of a house just out of town.


⛪️    🇺🇸    🇺🇸    🇺🇸    ⛪️

Made us pancakes for breakfast.
Then I baked a yellow cake with chocolate pudding icing.
Also made some macaroni salad.

David and Liz had to work today but got off at 2:30 and came by.
We had BBQ hot dogs and sausages.
Ate out back on the deck and just hung out together.
A most enjoyable day.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy 4TH of July
Happy Tuesday
happyone



Comment Replies:
Ginny - It has been too wet to try out our corn hole game with the indoor/outdoor carpeting.  I'll be posting pictures when we do.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that you had a fabulous 4th!

William Kendall said...

A lot of flags.

Lowcarb team member said...

It sounds a good day.
Happy 4th July.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a great idea to show all the flags in your neighborhood! I wish I'd thought of doing that! Yes, my favorite is the one with the church as well.

Ann said...

They have flags on all the telephone poles through town here also. It always looks so nice. So did you go to see the parade?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes on the 4th and always.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Sounds like a great 4th of July, I like the collection of flag photos.
Dinner and the cake sound yummy. Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerri Farley said...

Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Love the flag and the church!!

Debbie said...

Sounds like the perfect celebration! I do envy you being able to sit outside! Our air is so thick and humid, you can barely stand to walk to the car.

Mari said...

I love seeing the flags flying! The one by the church is especially nice.
Hope you had a nice 4th!

ellen b. said...

Sounds like a wonderful day. Love seeing the flags. It's nice to have a hometown parade, too. We did not play cornhole but there were several teams. We didn't stay long enough to see who won. I'll find out at church on Sunday.

Aritha V. said...

I love to see the church and the flag. Very nice.

Henny Penny said...

I loved seeing all the flags around town. Sound like you had a good 4th with David and Liz. We were here alone and the day was just like any other...well I did watch the PBS Fourth of July show. I love the Patriotic songs and the Military Bands, and the fireworks. It was good this year.

Connie said...

I love that flag, long may she wave!

Bill said...

Love seeing all those flags. Hope you had a wonderful 4th.