Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 09, 2023

Wild Daisies

 This morning it was 47 degrees and cloudy when I walked.
Sunrise 5:49
Morning Walk Steps 12,798

My walk was very random, more that usual.
I walked all over the place turning here and there with no
pattern to it.
I couldn't even tell you an accurate account of it.
But it was most enjoyable. 🚶‍♀️😊

Some wild daisies along the road side.


There were two yard sales around town.
I didn't stop.

This one I could see from the cemetery.


I saw Shiela out running but she didn't see me.
A county dump truck gave me a toot toot as it drove past
and it was Stuart, a friend from church.

I'm still seeing all the school buses around but that will soon stop
once summer vacation begins.

☁️    🥾    😃

Had a few rain showers during the morning
when I did my chores around the house.
Only had a few things to do.

Ken made us Nachos for lunch.

I didn't finish the June baby blanket last night but I did this afternoon.

It's been mostly cloudy, with a shower, and some sun too.

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Friday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊


Comment Replies:
Ginny - Yes, skunk cabbage smells like a skunk if you disturb the leaves.

Deb and Rose - Anyone can recommend a book to read for the book club.  Then we all talk about the choices and pick a few we would like to read.  Judy who runs the meeting will then see how many copies of the books there are available and then will pick one.  She emails us with the choice. Works fine for us.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

I bet you drew the big smiley face. The daisies are adorable! They always make me think of innocence.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

It looks so pretty there at this time of year. Love those sweet daisies! Enjoy your weekend!

Debby said...

Gee I’ve hit the jackpot and am able to comment from my phone. Those wild daisies are adorable. I would imagine you pretty much know everyone in your small town. We sometimes eat nachos for lunch or dinner. Yum.

Tom said...

...those daisies are a happy part of the landscape here too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love the daisies. I hope you will share with us what book your book club is reading next. See you tomorrow.

Barwitzki said...

Flea market :-) ... exciting :-)
now the best time to go for a walk.
I wish you a happy weekend.
Greetings from Viola

Ann said...

Love the daisies. They're a favorite.
School ended the other day here. I think Thursday was the last day.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty daisies, they are one of my favorites.
Nachos sounds yummy!
I think school year here ends this week.
Have a great weekend.

Jeanette said...

Pretty daisies! I would have at least had to briefly stop at the yard sale!

Bill said...

Love those daisies, they're pretty.

ellen b. said...

Cheerful daisies. Glad you enjoyed your random walk!

Granny Marigold said...

We carried umbrellas this morning but didn't need them. We got less than half an inch of rain in the past 24 hours; We;re wishing for a little more.
I like those daisies, in fact I think I like all the wildflowers!!

William Kendall said...

The daisies are pretty.

Retired Knitter said...

I love how you seem to know so many people around town. You remember this area. Not that many friendly folks.