Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, June 08, 2023

Bulls in the barn

43 degrees this morning and though it was sunny it was
hazy due to the wild fires in Canada! 
This picture was the first one I took when I started walking at 6:25.


 Sunrise 5:49
Morning Walk Steps 12,886

First walked around both of the cemeteries.
The big barn as some bulls in it now.
Pretty sure they are the ones that are for sale.


Breakfast Time


Leaving the cemeteries I headed over to the ball park and walked
the loop there a couple of times.

Isn't this leaf huge!!?
Pretty sure is it a skunk cabbage leaf.
I should have put the tiny nest from the other day on the huge leaf.


Back at the Jeep I picked up a book and a couple DVD's and
walked to the library and dropped them down the drop.

Then walked up and down the streets in town till my wrist vibrated
and headed back to the Jeep.

I saw a young couple jogging who I see once in a while.
Think they are usually out earlier than I am.

Kermit was out in his yard working.
He looked intent on what he was doing so didn't stop to chat.

🌤    🥾    😊

Today was the book club meeting.
We met outside at Park West in town instead of in the library
because it was a nice day.
We each brought our own chair so we could sit in a circle.
The book we discussed was French Braid by Anne Tyler.
12 of us showed up which was a few more than usual.
No one thought it a great book but just okay.
A couple people started to read it and didn't finish.

When the book club broke up I went down to the library to pick
up another DVD that was on hold.

All my plants got a good watering today.
Also I have a place out back where I put water out for the deer.
The deer stop there often and get drinks.

I've been sewing the weave-it squares together for the
baby blanket for June and will probably finish it this evening.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂


Comment Replies:
GrannyM - The flowers in yesterdays picture are Cow Parsnip. Look a lot like Queen Anne's Lace but the leaves are different. The house in yesterdays picture is empty and these wild flowers have taken over what used to be flower gardens.  


Debbie - I think the house you are asking about is in the fourth picture?  No, that  is NOT my house. Mine is not nearly so big.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...breakfast time is cute.

ellen b. said...

That leaf is huge! Hope the next book for book club is one you can all get excited about. Sorry about the smoky skies. I've seen some photos with smoky skies from New York, too.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The leaf is amazing! I have heard of Skunk Cabbage, but never seen it. Isn't it supposed to smell bad?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Wow, that is a huge leaf! Glad you had a nice book club meeting with lots in attendance. What is the next book you will read? I hope your air quality improves soon. NYC is really having a time of it. We can relate because we often get smoke from wildfires in California and the air quality is horrible. I hope you have a good Friday. See you then!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The bulls look happy.

God bless.

Ann said...

Wow, that leaf is huge.
Sounds like the book club meeting was nice

eileeninmd said...

Love the cows and sweet calf. I hope our skies/air clear up soon!
Take care, enjoy your day and happy weekend to you!

William Kendall said...

The fires have us feeling anxious.

Rose said...

Sounds like a good day...who decides what to read in your book club? I feel like you have told before but I cannot remember the answer.

Jeanette said...

Love the little horses!

Bill said...

The bulls look curious.

Michelle said...

That leaf is big!! Breakfast time is sweet :)

Billie Jo said...

What a fun morning you had! I haven't heard of that book yet. Thanks for inspiring me to get out and walk!

Lowcarb team member said...

That leaf is certainly huge!

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

Thanks for identifying the flowers as Cow Parsnips. I've been noticing the leaves of the skunk cabbage and marveling at how huge they've grown. I can't remember from other years if they grew that big.
We're having a light drizzle today so the air quality is better but the wildfires continue to burn so we're not done with smoky air just yet.