Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 10, 2023

The Happy Ant

 47 degrees and back to sunny mornings once again.
Sunrise 5:49
Morning Walk Steps 13,084


Walked around the lower cemetery and then to the ball park
and walked around the loop a couple of times.
Back through around town and then around the cemetery on the hill.

Stopped at the Jeep to throw my sweatshirt in it and pick up a book
and DVD which I dropped down the drop at the library.

Then just walked around town some more.

The man who runs many loops around the ball park loop was doing
his laps.
John was out walking Prim also.

Looks like the church in town will be getting new siding.
Boxes of siding are sitting in the parking lot.


The big old house with store attached has sold and today I met
the people who bought it.
Her name is Lynn but I've forgotten her husbands name.


The former owners left ALL the merchandise from the store which was
mostly knick knack kind of stuff.  It has been sitting like that for years.
Anyway the new people are having a yard sale out back today to try
to get rid of as much as they can.

Lynn plans to open up her own shop but first has to get rid of the 
stuff already there.

When I introduced myself to her, she said, I've see you walking every morning.
Will be interesting to see what they do with the place.

Some pretty flowers someone has hanging by their mailbox.


Had to stop and take a picture of this happy ant.


Driving back home I had to stop and let 5 deer cross the road.

☀️    🥾    🚶‍♀️    🦌

Got a couple loads of wash done and hung out on the line.
Other than the usual daily chores I didn't do much of anything.
Sat outside and read for a while and just
puttered about.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Saturday
happyone 👩🏻‍🦳


15 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That general store is the spitting image of the one where my dad grew up!

Granny Marigold said...

What a gorgeous hanging basket ❤❤
Cute little ant that really does look happy.

Tom said...

...my wife is never happy to see ants in the house!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful hanging flowers.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love how this little ant was on your walk!! I think he was happy to see YOU.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Another lovely walk! Beautiful hanging basket and a cute ant :)
Love from Titti

Deb J. in Utah said...

You are leaving your mark all over town with all those smiley faces! I love that beautiful hanging basket! It will be interesting to see what kind of shop Lynn opens. Glad you had a nice Saturday. See you again tomorrow.

Hill Top Post said...

Is the ant a fire ant? We have them all over the place here. I have tried to avoid them, but haven’t been totally successful at that. I hope Lynn does well with her new shop.

Ann said...

I like your smiley rock at the end. That hanging basket is really pretty.

eileeninmd said...

A nice walk, the weather has been great. I like the cute smiley face and the ant. The hanging flower basket is pretty. I hope the new shop does well!
Take care, enjoy your day and have a happy new week!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the flowers and that funny ant! I keep looking to see if it is real!

ellen b. said...

It will be interesting to see what that building becomes. Looks like a great morning for your walk. Pretty flowers! Happy Lord's day to you!

Bill said...

The hanging flower baskets are very pretty.

Visits With Mary said...

Enjoyed walking along with you today and I absolutely fell in love with the little happy ant! 47 degrees, WoW, we are already having 90 degree temps ugh.

Jeanette said...

That house with the store attached is pretty cool! I would love to own something like that, although I have no idea what I would sell in the store!