Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Red Petunias


 The temperature was 62 degrees this morning when I walked 
and it was cloudy.
It looked like rain but it held off till I was on the way back
to the Jeep when it finally rained so didn't get all that wet.
Sunrise 5:51
Morning Walk Steps 12,562

First walked to the post office and dropped off a birthday card
for our third grandchild who lives in Hawaii.

Then headed over to the ball park and walked around it a few times.
Continued over to the cemeteries going up and down the
side streets in town on the way.
Then lastly around both cemeteries.
Walked around the loops a few more times than usual because
I didn't want to be too far away from the Jeep incase we had
a thunder storm.


I like it this house which I often walk past.


I was wrong about the church siding being done by today.
Was told that some wood has to be replaced on the steeple and
that has to be done before the rest of the siding can get done.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.


☁️    🌧    🥾    😊

We went to the Shop and Save this week.
Didn't need much but they had ice cream on sale and we were
completely out so had to restock.

It's been a dreary drizzly kind of day
and spent most of it reading and knitting.
Tomorrow will have to be a house work day!!

Walked down to the mailbox at the end of the driveway
during a dry period and took a couple of pictures of the petunia 
that I planted not too long ago.
They are coming along nicely and brightened up the day.




Thanks for visiting
Happy Tuesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone


Comment Replies:
GrannyM - I use Tide too. 🙂 Since I don't have a clothes dryer I have to hang my sheets outside.

15 comments:

Tom said...

...red always pops! Keep smiling.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I don't know if I have ever seen Petunias that are red. they are beautiful! We have never had any luck with Petunias, they always get some kind of disease and die.

Jeanette said...

The petunias are very pretty! I like that house, too!

ellen b. said...

The petunias are looking very nice. That is a nice looking house. Hope you have a nice evening.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I really like your petunias. They are bright and cheerful! I like that house too. I hope you have a good Wednesday tomorrow. See you then!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Interesting colour, that house.

God bless.

Ann said...

I really like the looks of that house. Those petunias are really pretty. They would brighten up any day.

Debbie said...

What beautiful flowers! And I love the house, but it's an interesting color :)

Mari said...

Glad you made it without being rained on.
Your petunias are very cheerful!
I like the house too.

Bill said...

Your flowers really stand out, they're very pretty.

Aritha V. said...

O that flowers are so nice!

Granny Marigold said...

The house that you often walk by looks so well-cared for and pretty with the pots of red flowers neatly arranged. Your red Petunias look great. They must catch the eye of anyone driving by.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like the red petunias.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

The petunias are lovely.

William Kendall said...

The petunias are pretty.