Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 26, 2023

Lavender Farm

Today the temperature was 64 degrees when I walked.
It was cloudy which was nice because it kept it cool.
It was sunny by mid morning.
Sunrise 5:50
Morning Walk Steps 13,109

Driving to town I stopped to take a picture of the deer on the
farm next to us.
She was one of 5 who didn't run away.


First walked over to the library and dropped my latest book
down the book drop.
Planned on walking around the industrial park but when I got there
I passed it right up and decided to walk around the Farm Loop instead.


The farm up ahead is Farmer Bill's farm.  He was out and since I hadn't
seen him in a while I stopped for a chat. 
He is very friendly and likes to talk.
10 minutes later I continued on my walk.




That is the dairy farm up ahead but I don't know the farmer.
I'm wondering though if they still have cows because
I haven't seen any in the pasture and don't hear them in the barn.
I'll have to ask Farmer Marvin about it.  I'm sure he'll know.


Just passed the school and now headed back to town.


Once I got back in town I walked around the cemetery on top
of the hill a couple of times and that ended my walk.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.

Driving home saw quite a few rabbits (little ones) along the side of the road
to my house and some more deer and a ground hog.

The Farm Loop walk is very peaceful and quiet.

☁️    🥾    😊

Monday is sheet washing day and it was nice and sunny for
drying them on the line.

Ken asked if I'd make some English Muffin Loaves
so did that this morning.

This afternoon we went to Lavender Farm down the road in McHenry.
You can cut your own sprigs of lavender or like we did buy plants.
There is a little shop too that sells soaps, oils, and lavender related items.
We bought two small plants.



When we got home I planted the plants in a couple of pails.
In the middle pail I put purple liatris which I dug up from out front
and put them in front of the bird bath which I moved from the front as well.


Will keep the lavender in the pails for this year and plant it in the ground
next year.  After I planted them read that lavender doesn't do well in pots. 

Thanks for stopping by
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone


13 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

We have several big Lavender plants here. They all started out as tiny little plants three years ago.

William Kendall said...

I wonder what the deer thought of you.

Tom said...

...lavender farms are springing up all over the place. Keep smiling.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We have lavender farm about an hour away, it sounds just like yours! Even looks like it. I love the smell of lavender! I even bought some of that lavender lotion for babies; just for myself!

Deb J. in Utah said...

That lavender farm sounds cool. No lavender farms around here that I know of. I hope your plants too well. See you again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

The Farm Loop is my favorite walk. And, I love lavender but haven't had much success growing it here. Your pictures are wonderful.

Granny Marigold said...

Sheet washing day here too. I must admit I used the dryer but the sheets will be crisp and smell a bit like Tide :)

Ann said...

The farm loop is beautiful and scenic.
Your yard with the rocks, birdbath and pails of plants looks really nice.

eileeninmd said...

You do have lovely scenes while you walk, the first shot of the deer is a favorite. I would like to visit a lavender farm, I hope your plants grow well. Take care, have a great day!

ellen b. said...

Nice photos of your Monday walk. Love seeing the rows of lavender. Ours are in their fullness right now. The rock wall and gravel area is looking real nice.

Bill said...

A very peaceful route you walk in the morning.

Mari said...

I always enjoy seeing the farm. The barn looks great!
I saw several deer last week, but I think ours are more skittish.
I'm going to a lavender farm on Saturday!

Lowcarb team member said...

Another lovely walk to start your day ...

All the best Jan