Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, June 03, 2023

Plants all get planted this morning

 59 degrees, mostly sunny with a few clouds.
Sunrise 5:51
Morning Walk Steps 12,961

Very quiet around town this early morning Saturday,
seemed more like Sunday.
No one about.

First walked around both cemeteries.
Only 5 cows left in the big barn - cow and calf from yesterday are gone.
Another little horse has been added and now there are 6.


Left the cemeteries and went over to the ball park 


and walked that loop a couple of times.

Continued walking around town and then I walked around
the pond.  Nice to see the fountain working again.



Before I knew it my wrist vibrated and my walk was over.

This month is my walking anniversary month.
Started morning walks back in 1988.
Long time readers know the story of my walking but
new readers can read a post from 2010 to learn the history.

🌤    🥾    🚶‍♀️    🙂

Hung a load of laundry out on the line to dry and did a few quick things inside. 

Then I went outside and planted the plants we bought yesterday.
I got everything planted before lunch.
After lunch we had a thunder storm come along.
Nice that it watered all the plants I just planted.
Good that we had some rain, bet the farmers liked that.
 A little hail was mixed in with the rain for awhile but not enough to
damage my new plants.
Luckily the clothes on the line were dry before it rained.

We sat out on the porch and watched it rain till we got chilly
and came inside.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Saturday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

Comment Replies:
Debbie - I remember the series All Creatures Great and Small from 1975 but not a show called Family - was it a movie?  We have the 1975 series on DVD that we bought some years ago and have watched it quite a few times.
We watched an episode of the new series last night and thought it very good.

14 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see the fountain working again.
Pleased you were able to get all of your plants planted.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...I love the fountain, it should keep the water clear.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. We had a little hail storm today today. So glad you were able to get all of your plants planted. I hope they do well. Have a good Sunday. See you then.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never known anyone who has walked for so long, and is so faithful and regular with it!

Hill Top Post said...

Happy walking anniversary. I enjoyed reading about your walking adventures from the past. Rain came so very close to us today but we were left high and dry again. I watered the gardens from a hose.

Granny Marigold said...

It almost seems as if Farmer Marvin is collecting those miniature horses.

Congratulations on your walking anniversary.

Ann said...

well happy walking anniversary. That's a long time.
Love that fountain. Glad you got the laundry dried before the rain.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the fountain, it is good to keep the pond water moving.
The flowers are pretty and I love the little horses.
Take care, enjoy your day and have a great new week.

Linda said...

The pond looks beautiful!

L. J. Lowe said...

I always enjoy the way you share your experience of your walks and the little blessings in your life. Have a beautiful week.

Bill said...

I love the fountain and those little horses.

William Kendall said...

The fountain is quite a sight.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely horses; and flowers.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

Happy Walking Anniversary. That is an anniversary to be proud of.
The little horses are so sweet. I would love to see them while out walking.
Nice to have your flowers all planted.