Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, June 05, 2023

A little nest and Rocky Raccoon walking by.

 

46 degrees this morning when I went walking.
Started out with cloudy but after a little while it was sunny.
Sunrise 5:50
Morning Walk Steps 13,595


Walked around both of the cemeteries and then over to the
ball park and walked around the loop a couple of times.
Then it was up and down all the streets around town.

Saw Kinsely this morning when she was on the school bus.
She had a window seat and we waved to each other.
Just can't help but smile when I see her. 😃
One of these times I'll have to take her picture if her mom won't mind.

No one out walking this morning that I saw.

Came across this little birds nest.
So cute and perfectly made.


☁️    ☀️    🥾    🙂

Got the sheets washed and some house cleaning done this morning.

We went to the dump and got rid of this weeks garbage.
I like throwing those garbage bags in the dumpsters.
I see how far I can throw it!

Spent some time outside this afternoon.
Trimmed up the wisteria before it went too wild.
Sorry to say we didn't get any blooms on it this year.

Did a little weeding and scattered some cone flower seeds around 
in the woods.  Would be nice if some took seed.

Here are some of the plants I planted on Saturday.
Hopefully the next photo the plants will have gown nice and full
 with lots of pretty flowers.


Late afternoon we watched our backyard Rocky Raccoon come walking
from out back.  He passes down the wall, along the side of our house,
and then off into the woods out front to go who knows where.
He takes the same route each time.

Took the picture out of the window so it isn't as clear as it could be.
He is quite a big guy and must be pretty old.
We've been seeing him since we moved here 5 years ago.


Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

Just because most people think something is right, doesn't make it so.
Sometimes a few have to stand for what is right.🙂

 

17 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Rocky Racoon is quite a big guy. Must be fun to watch him from your window. I am sure that you secure your trash so he doesn't get into it. There was a racoon in our neighborhood (the one we are moving to) and he was getting into garbage cans. I love the cute little bird nest and all of your flower planters. Amen to what you said at the end of your post about standing up for what is right. I completely agree with you! Our society now seems to condone things to condone that the Bible flat out says is sin and then criticizes and wants to "cancel" those who speak out for what is right. Very troubling. I hope you have a good evening. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

How cool about the raccoon! Have you given him a name? I adore Wisteria. Phil wrapped some around a pole out back and we had a Wisteria tree. The nest actually looks like the kind you buy at a craft store.

Hill Top Post said...

It is interesting that Rocky Raccoon always takes the same route to whereever he goes. The raccoons are among my favorite forest creatures. My favorite picture here is usually the first one, but for today it is your last one. It is just so wild and wonderful!

Tom said...

...standing for what is right is the right thing to do!

Vee said...

Haven't seen a raccoon this year, but I have a resident groundhog....grrr...he munched down all my beautiful flox.

Vee said...

Oh I agree, people must stand for what is right. It is our right.

Lowcarb team member said...

Nice to see Rocky Raccoon ...

All the best Jan

NanaDiana said...

I think raccoons are so cute. I know most people don't want them around but I love to watch them.
You have been a busy girl. I like to stay busy...it keeps me out of trouble. Have a great week- xo Diana

Granny Marigold said...

Your newly planted flowers look nice in the containers that you chose. I hope they do well. Rocky Raccoon looks like he gets plenty to eat...I thought raccoons were nocturnal. I guess they're not.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Nice raccoon.

God bless.

Ann said...

That's funny that the raccoon takes the same route all the time. I saw a guy rescue 2 baby raccoons yesterday that were in the middle of the road. He stopped traffic in both directions to get out and move them to safety.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Your potted flowers are lovely. Neat capture of Rocky the raccoon.
I like the first photo and scene. Take care, enjoy your day!

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

William Kendall said...

Raccoons have their ways and their patrol routes.

Bill said...

Looks like Rocky has a walking schedule too. :)

Sandi said...

I wonder if that was his walking path before you built the house.

ellen b. said...

Great to catch up here from my busy time last week. Those planters are lovely and will be even lovelier as they fill out. That's such a sweet little friend you have. I would smile, too. Rocky does look quite chubby. Love the quote!