Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 02, 2023

A trip to the nursery

 Sunny and 53 degrees this morning for walking and it was calm.
Sunrise 5:51
Morning Walk Steps 13,186

On the way to town I saw deer, rabbits, a chipmunk, and a groundhog.

Started my walk heading down the main street toward home.
Wild daisies along the side of the road.


Turned around and on the way back turned right on Sale Barn Road.
Quite a trek up the hill.
Rebecca was out running this time instead of walking Leo
and was coming up the hill behind me.  
She turned around and went back down before catching up to me.


 It is worth the trek up the hill when you get to see this.


There were a few deer along the way and one of them stomped at me
and snorted before running away.

Once I got in town, I walked around both of the cemeteries and
over to the big barn.
Only 6 cows and 1 calf left in the barn
and now there are 5 tiny horses.

Now that the cows are gone looks like a clean up has begun.


Made a stop at the Jeep and picked up a couple library books
and walked over to the library and dropped them down the slot.
That finished my walk and it was back to the Jeep and home.

These peonies are by the library.
The first ones I've seen blooming.
Quite a few more around in different places around town but 
the buds haven't bloomed yet.


☀️    🥾    🙂  

We had a couple pieces of the English Muffin Loaf 
for breakfast that I made yesterday. 
Ken just puts butter on his but I like butter and a little raspberry jam on mine.

We took a trip out to Pleasant Valley Nursery and picked up some
flowers to plant in the yard.
I'll be planting everything in pots scattered around.
Bought petunias
impatiens 
salvia
and 4 tomato plants.


This year we bought tomato plants for pots because we haven't had much
luck with gardening up here in the woods.

While we were out stopped at the library to pick up a book that
was on hold for me and we selected a few more DVD's.
One we got was All Creatures Great and Small.
We own the original series but this one is the remake.
Wonder how we will like it!!

When we got back home we walked 2 of the tomato plants
up to the cabin for David and Liz.
Between both places we should get some tomatoes this year!!

Back at the house I got the dough started for our pizza.

Then knitted - will be done with the knitted pillow very soon.
Took longer to knit than I thought it would but
like how it is turning out.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Friday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Debby - afternoon temperatures have been in the high 60's to mid 70's and not humid.  Once in a while in the summer it can be humid but not bad here where we live in the woods surrounded by trees. 

15 comments:

Tom said...

...I bought some flower for pots today.

William Kendall said...

Pretty flowers!

Lowcarb team member said...

A nice selection of flowers.
Enjoy your planting ...

All the best Jan

Granny Marigold said...

My but that pale pink Peony is lovely. It's too bad their blooming time is so short. Nice plants you chose; putting them in pots will maybe keep them safe from deer.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I am always amazed at the beautiful scenery you see as you walk. Have a wonderful weekend .

Ginny Hartzler said...

I would love to have a deer stomp and snort at me! We watch the All Creatures series on PBS, and of course have read all the books.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I love your plants! I want to plant some things over at our house we are moving into. The yard there is a mess after five years of renters, so I sure do have my work cut out for me. I hope you and Ken have a good weekend! See you again tomorrow.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely flowers.

God bless.

Debbie said...

I just finished All Creatures Great and Small (the current version) and it's one of my favorites! So clean and refreshing. Now I'm watching the old 1975 series called Family. Do you remember that one?

Ann said...

That view from the top of the hill is spectacular.
I gave up on trying to grow tomatoes. The last several times I tried, I had them in pots but the critters still ate them all before they had a chance to grow much.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Pretty views from your walk. The home grown tomatoes are delicious. I love impatiens and the wild daisies! Take care, have a great weekend.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Planting in pots is a great idea and I know you'll have pretty flowers and yummy tomatoes! Your temps sound so good for walking and love the scenery you see! Happy weekend!

Jeanette said...

That view is certainly worth the trek up the hill!

Bill said...

Pretty flowers and that is a nice view from the hill.

Hill Top Post said...

What beautiful views you have, and especially from the hilltops. You made great choices in the plants you chose. Hopefully they will be deer proof. I love the salvias and have never had deer bother them.