Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 19, 2023

Three

 Another sunny morning for walking and 52 degrees.
Now that the sun rises early, today it was 5:59,
my whole walk is in the light.
Morning Walking Steps 14,007

On the way to town saw a couple of deer just down the street from my house.

Started off walking around the upper cemetery with a side trip
to see the cows.  Some are gone now but still a lot in the barn.

The third morning in a row I heard
Miss Karen, Miss Karen (always two times) and I got my morning hug. 🤗

Couldn't resist another picture of the pond, it looked so peaceful.


Walked a couple of times around the other cemetery and then
headed down the road toward home for 1/2 mile and then back.

These wild flowers are starting to pop up in a few places.
I think they are Dame's Rocket. (Tom?)


Stopped to get a couple of books out of the Jeep and walked over to 
the library and put them down the drop.
Continued walking up and down all the streets in town.

Sure was nice out this morning.

If you are seeking creative ideas, go out walking. 
Angels whisper to a man when he goes for a walk.
- Raymond Inmon -

☀️    🥾    🙂

Nice sunny day so a good one for getting a couple loads of laundry done.
Did a few other chores around the house.
David and Liz popped in for lunch.

When they left I went outside and walked around Happy Trails.
Leaves on the trees are out now and everything is nice and green.



Forgot to make the dough in the bread machine for our pizza in time
so we had a frozen DiGiorno Supreme pizza for supper instead.

I made chocolate pudding for our snack this evening.
A change from ice cream.
I put the pudding in these shallow dishes so there was more room 
for the whipped cream.


Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Happy Friday
👩🏻‍🦳happpyone😊

Comment Replies:
Kim - Yes, we get lots of pollen here too.  Not bad yet though.

BillyBlue - The stove is in Kermit's back yard.  I took the picture from the bank parking lot.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...yes they are Dame's Rocket, I haven't seen any yet this spring.

Aritha V. said...

Thanks for sharing your adventurous day! ☀️🚶‍♀️🌿 The wildflowers are so nice.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy Trails looks great in green! That pudding looks delicious! I think my favorite picture is of the little purple wildflowers. It's nice that you have been getting a morning hug from little Kinsley. It's also a nice addition to your day that David and Liz stopped by for lunch. I hope you all have a good weekend!

Sandi said...

That pond is gorgeous.

William Kendall said...

It's been years since I had chocolate pudding.

Ann said...

Such pretty wildflowers.
I love seeing everything all green again. It just makes me happy to see so much green :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

The pudding looks so good. It reminds me of my childhood. We don't have any flowers around like this.

Connie said...

The photos in this post are so welcoming, I wish I was there to walk with you . . . only I would never make it as far as you. I might have to take a break and then finish my walk on your way back, LOL. Living in the dry climate that we have here, I miss wild flowers. Oh, we have some, by they are a form of moisture and home to many insects. Absolutely not for picking :) That is unless you like bringing bugs into your home.

Mari said...

It's so good to see all the green and the wild flowers too!
Better yet are those hugs from little ones!

Agnes CF Lee said...

nice weather with greenery scene.

Granny Marigold said...

I had quite a bit of milk that needed using up so I made chocolate pudding too. I sent most of it down with my grandson. I also made rice pudding from a new recipe and it turned out very good. I haven't made rice pudding in such a long time!
Pretty wild flowers. I think they must be Dame's Rocket.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty photos, love the pond view and the wildflowers.
The pudding looks yummy! Take care, have a great weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The picture of the pond is wonderful.Thank you.

God bless.

Rose said...

Happy Trails looks so inviting...love the woods especially in spring.

ellen b. said...

It has to be a sweet treat to hear that little voice saying, Miss Karen! Your place is greening up nicely. Smart to use those shallow dishes to top off with whip cream! :)

LC said...

Your walks are awesome. My walks these days seem limited to circuits around and around in our home with my rollator. But I'm thankful I can keep moving!

Bill said...

The pond looks like the place to sit and enjoy whatever goes on.

Linda said...

Your photos are delightful.