Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Saturday

 A walk under cloudy skies this morning with a few peeks of sun near the end.
It was 55 degrees. 
 Sunrise was 5:58.
Morning Walk Steps 13,411

On my way to town I saw deer and a couple of rabbits.
A couple Goldfinches were flying around too.

Up the hill and around the cemetery first.
Tractor taking more bales of hay over to the barn
so didn't go see the cows.

Then it was over to the other cemetery to walk a couple
of loops around there.

Continued to the ball park and took this picture on my way there.



Around the ball park a couple of times and then up and down the
streets in town.

I mentioned the other day that I heard a sheep or goat in a fenced
in yard in town.  Heard it again today and this time found a
slit in the fence and saw that it was indeed a little goat.
Couldn't get a picture through the slit though.
The goat sure is a cute little thing.

The first iris I saw blooming in town.  The others are still buds.


Rebecca was out walking Leo 
and a man, whose name I don't know was walking his dog.

Some fishing event was happening around the pond and quite a
few people were there.


Felt sorry for the Geese and her babies.
Mama was agitated and didn't know where to go with her babies.


☁️    😊    🥾    🌥

We went to the Dollar General to get a few things and on the
way stopped at the library.
The book that I had on hold was ready for pick up.
It is next months Book Club book, 
French Bread by Anne Tyler.
I've never read any of her books before.

We also looked over the DVD's and picked out a few shows
and movies to watch.

It ended up being a rainy afternoon.
I straightened up our bookcase of DVD's, put everything in 
alphabetical order.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Saturday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

14 comments:

Tom said...

...your day looks fabulous. That rhododendron behind the fence is a beauty.

William Kendall said...

The Iris is cheerful.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I haven't read anything by Anne Tyler either, so you will have to tell us how you like the book. I love iris. They are out in bloom around here too. Another good day for you. See you again tomorrow!

Granny Marigold said...

I picked up 2 mysteries at the library yesterday and finished one of them today. I'll make myself do some housework before I get into the second book ( by the same author so I know it will be good).
It made me grin to think of you with your face tight against the fence as you peered through the slit so you could see the little goat :)

Ginny Hartzler said...

Baby goats are so adorable!! The poor goose!

Ann said...

The pond with all those people reminded me of the kids fishing derby that was supposed to happen here yesterday. We had a lot of rain so I'm wondering if it got cancelled.

eileeninmd said...

Hello

Pretty photo of the rhododendron blooms. Looks like a lot of people like to fish. Cute photo of mama and her baby geese. Have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You really take wonderful photos. What a nice place you have for your walks.

God bless.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Another beautiful day in your life!
Love from Titti

NanaDiana said...

Nice walk and there isn't anything much cuter than a baby goat. My girlfriend used to raise Pygmy goats and they were just like puppies to me...so adorable. Glad you had a nice walk and that is a good temp for walking. xo Diana

ellen b. said...

The photo with the fence is so pretty. On Saturday here our Irises showed their first bloom. We had thunderstorms overnight. Happy Sunday to you!

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Linda said...

Sounds like a pleasant walk.

Bill said...

Nice Iris sighting, it's beautiful.