Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, May 12, 2023

Small World

 Another great morning for walking with a temperature 
of 48 degrees and sunny.
Sunrise 6:05
Morning Walking Steps 13,083

Walked around the lower cemetery and then the one on the hill,
over to the ball park and around it twice.
Then walked all over town up and down all the roads.

Pretty quiet around town and didn't see any one else about.

Some pictures along my way.




Notice the bird on the tippy top of the tree.



🌀    πŸ₯Ύ    😊

Another work day at church doing Fingerprints.
Worked from 9:30 t0 1:30.
Just a few people again and today we got 2900 Romans books
assembled, cut, and boxed up.
With yesterdays 2000 we got 4900 done.
Not bad for the amount of people working.

I was working on folding covers sitting next to Jan.
I mentioned in talking that I was originally from northern NJ.
She said so am I.
Turns out she is from Ridgewood which is the next town over from where
I grew up in Waldwick.
I asked her if she ever went to Spranza's Pizza and she said yes, many times.
  Told her that Ken's family owned it.
Small world!!

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for visiting.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyone😊


Comment Replies:
GrannyM - No, don't listen to music when I walk.  I too like to hear the birds sing! πŸ™‚
I also want to be aware of what is going on around me. I don't want to be distracted from my walk.  I like it too much. πŸ™‚

15 comments:

Tom said...

...the world can indeed be a small place.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It is so cool that you met someone in your church who is from the same area where you grew up. Yes, it can be a small world. I hope you have a good weekend!

Lowcarb team member said...

It's amazing sometimes how small the world can be!

All the best Jan

Ann said...

It really is a small world.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love how you write on the mirrors! The field of dandelions is so beautiful and peaceful.

Vee said...

Oh that's a fun story! Yes, it really is a small world. What beautiful colors in your first photograph...muted and soft.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The first picture has a painterly look to it. Almost Thomas Kinkade like.

Mari said...

I always enjoy your messages on the mirror!
I see the bird...
You did good with fingerprints.

Granny Marigold said...

It's amazing what you see when you pay attention. This morning we saw a possum! Haven't seen any around here for years.

Terra said...

You have a blissful place to walk, that first photo is especially pretty. That was fun for you to meet someone who grew up not far from you; it can be a small and friendly world at times.

Hill Top Post said...

Your first picture is a new favorite of mine. Wow! I agree about wanting no distractions when walking. Mother Nature really has great talent in cinematography and sound effects.

Pom Pom said...

Wow! I love those kinds of connections! I also like your answer to GM about enjoying your walk so much! xo

Bill said...

The first photo looks like a painting.

Rose said...

What a small world! Imagine meeting someone in a completely different state, but that had lived kind of close to you. And now you are friends.

William Kendall said...

The first shot speaks to me.