Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 09, 2023

Red Salamander

 My morning walk consisted of periods of light rain showers.
It was 58 degrees
Sunrise 6:08
Morning Walking Steps 13,447

A nice walk all around town, up and down the main road and side streets.
Went around both of the cemeteries and the ball park.

Sometimes the people who work at the medical clinic will park
by the pond and walk the block to the office.
Today one of the nurses did that and I happened to pass 
her on my way to the cemetery.
It makes me smile how people who see me walking will tell me a
reason why they don't walk or that they should walk.
This lady said to me,
"I don't usually walk this slow but I'm tired today.
I will be walking on my lunch hour if it isn't raining".


Spotted these Red Salamanders while walking around the ball park.


🥾    🌧    🙂    💦

We went food shopping at Casslemans Market this week.

Stopped in at the hardware store first.
They always have a saying or something on the sign out front.


Did some house chores and then read and knitted.

I finished the baby blanket for May.

Happy Tuesday and thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

Comment replies:
Victor - The painted rock from yesterday is about a 4" oval.
Deb - Not sure where I'll put the other BookCrossing books - maybe one could go in the post office.  

13 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

I'd not seen Red Salamanders before so looked them up on Wikipedia
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_salamander

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...the hardware store had a great saying.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Salamanders are beautiful!!

Pom Pom said...

People know you walk, so they may feel shy about NOT walking, but you aren't judging them.
That little salamander is lovely!

Mari said...

I like the little salamander! And the hardware store sign in so good!

William Kendall said...

The salamander is quite colourful.

Ann said...

Pretty salamander.
I like that sign at the hardware store.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Well painted for 4".

God bless.

Debbie said...

I love the sign at the hardware store :) Did you jump when you saw the salamander? I would have!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Those salamanders are colorful...they don't even look real! How neat to see those! Enjoy your walk today!

Bill said...

The salamander is colourful. I've never seen one before.

Michelle said...

I always enjoy seeing those salamanders around here. Cuties!

ellen b. said...

How interesting those red salamanders are. Makes them really stand out.