Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 10, 2023

Red Ball Sun

42 degrees this morning when walking.
There was a very light cloud cover at first which made the
sun look like the moon.


 The cloud cover soon was gone and it was a nice sunny walk.
Sunrise 6:07
Morning Walking Steps 13887

Had my usual walk around town, up and down all the side streets,
both of the cemeteries and the ball park.

Farmer Marvin was at the big barn and we talked again.
I thought cows had 2 stomachs and someone told me they had 4
so I asked FM and they do have 4!!

Some of the cows are gone from the barn now and out in the pasture.
I bet they are happy to get out in the open.
I can just image the little calves frolicking when they are let go.
If you've ever watched calves playing you will know exactly
what I mean when I use the word frolicking. 
Most all of the cows will be in the pastures in the next couple of weeks.

Walking around the ball park loop I noticed that the property next to the path 
that someone has planted 38 plants a few feet from the fence line.
You can barely see them.
It will be fun to watch what grows.
I'm sure it is some kind of hedge for privacy.


Four people were around the pond fishing.
As I was getting back to the Jeep to go home, Shelia had just arrived.
We had a little chat.

๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿฅพ    ☀️

Made Macaroni Salad first thing after breakfast
and then did my house work for the day.
 
Nice to see the Bugleweed blooming out front.


A little cool this afternoon but we did sit out on the porch for a while.  
Watched the Robins and saw a Hummingbird at the feeder.

Happy Wednesday and thanks for visiting.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ˜Š

Comment Replies:
Debbie - No, didn't jump when I saw the three Red Salamander. ๐Ÿ™‚ Thought they were cute and bent down to take their picture.

14 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

That looks like Grape Hyacinth. The sun DOES look like the moon!

Tom said...

...Karen, you saw an interesting sky, thanks for sharing it.

Lowcarb team member said...

Yes, the sun does look like the moon.
Nice to watch the Robins and Hummingbird at the feeder.

All the best Jan

Mari said...

I would have thought that was the moon if you hadn't told us.
I have seen calves running and playing - frolicking is a good word!

Vee said...

That is a pretty pink sun. Any tulips and daffodils in your corner?

William Kendall said...

Our evening sky did that to the sun.

Debby said...

I’ve seen cows frolic as well and it’s adorable. Once I saw a video of these cows that escaped a slaughterhouse and as they were walking away, they were definitely frolicking. Bless the beasts great and small.

On my way to the lake there is this huge cattle ranch - both beef and dairy and I enjoy seeing the cows.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your picture of the sun. I also enjoy watching the calves play. It’s a great time of the year to be out walking.

Granny Marigold said...

Having grown up on a farm I remember calves frolicking and even grown cows rather awkwardly running around when they first came out in Spring. That's a great shot of the sun seen through the clouds.

Ann said...

Nice picture of the sun. It does look like the moon. When I was going to work yesterday morning the moon was a really odd color.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Is that the sun, or the moon pretending to be the sun? Or is someone playing basket ball just behind those hills?

God bless.

Bill said...

I love the beautiful photo of the sun.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am catching up on two posts today. I loved the picture of the red salamander. We don't seem to have many salamanders out here in the West. Maybe I am wrong, but I see a lot of lizards but no salamanders. Now I am curious and will have to research that. I love the little purple bugleweed flowers and the picture of the sun. I learned something today reading your blog. I didn't know that cows have four stomachs. Glad you had another good day. See you again soon!

ellen b. said...

Interesting shot of the sun. Cows have 4 stomachs...amazing. Happy day to you.