Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 08, 2023

Painted Rock

 57 degrees this morning when I left for my walk.
A very foggy drive to town.
I couldn't even see the end of my driveway.
Sunrise 6:10
Morning Walking Steps 14088

The fog was so thick at first that it was misting.
Didn't last long and soon it was only cloudy.

Walked up and down the main road in town.
Then down the road on the right side of town, passed the library
going up and down the side streets.
Continued on over to the Dollar General and turned around there
and walked over to the laundromat. The BookCrossing book is STILL there.

Next I walked around the ball park a couple of times and then
up to the cemetery on the hill.




Saw a little peek of blue sky.


Six people were around the pond fishing.

The woman who drives one of the county little buses was parked
by the pond and happened to get out of the bus as I walked by.
We stopped to chat.
Told me she sees me walking in all kinds of weather and asked all
the usual walking questions.

I saw my first painted rock over at the library.
What a great job someone did painting it!!!


On the other side there was a Bible reference, Psalm 4:5.
Looked it up and it said,

Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.

🥾    🌫    ☁️    🙂

Well Monday has rolled around again.  
Those weeks sure go by fast.

Not much sun today but it was in the 60's so I went outside
and got some more of those climbing sticker bushes cut before they
get bigger.  I put those clippings on my natural fence also.

Inside I rearranged my books on the book shelf and found some
more to put on BookCrossings.
I won't be leaving any more at the laundromat.

Only have the last row of the baby blanket to sew and will do
that later this evening.

Happy Monday and thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

15 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

What a lovely painted rock that is.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. The people in your town must be very honest. No one wants to take a books that doesn't belong to them. Where do you think will leave a book next time? Sounds like you had a good, productive day. See you again tomorrow.

Tom said...

...I've seen a number of painted rocks, but this one is fabulous!

Ginny Hartzler said...

The rock has amazing detail, and they fit so much on it!! I have not seen one this elaborate.

William Kendall said...

Fog seems to be a rare thing here.

Rose said...

That is a great painted rock...I have always meant to try to paint some. Nothing fancy...not that I don't like them. Just don't know if I am capable.

Granny Marigold said...

How disappointing that no one is picking up that book.
The painted rock sure looks great. Someone is a true artist. Plus...it came with a Bible reference.

ellen b. said...

Love the painted rock and the scripture reference. Good job plugging away at those sticker bushes. I pulled some weeds today. Tomorrow I have to mow again!

Ann said...

Wow, the painting on that rock is fantastic.
I wonder why no one has taken the last book you left.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

What a lovely rock. What size is it?

God bless.

Mari said...

I love a foggy morning, beautiful and mysterious!
The rock is pretty incredible. Someone put some time in it.

Bill said...

What a well painted rock, I like it.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Jeanette said...

That is a nice painted rock!

Happy@Home said...

Somebody did a great job on painting that rock. What a fun find!