Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, May 23, 2023

Happy Cows

 

45 degrees this morning and sunny with no breeze.
Sunrise 5:56
Morning Walk Steps 13,780

Started off walking down the main road towards home for a bit
and then turned around and came back with a little detour up
Barn Sale Road.

I'm walking to town here on the main road and took a picture
of the big barn.
I'll be walking up there later.


Back in town I walked around the lower cemetery a couple of times,
and then around the other cemetery and then over to the big barn.

From there I stopped at the Jeep and picked up a couple of DVD's
and walked over to the library and dropped them down the slot.

Another iris is blooming in the same garden as the other two
and this time it is a white one.


A two toned one of yellow and purple looks about to bloom next.
You will probably see it tomorrow!

Didn't see anyone else out walking but did see Kermit out back
working in his shop so I stopped to say hi.
He showed me the little chicken house and run he made with wheels on
it so he can move it around.  He will be getting 3 chickens.
Also got to see his 2 pet rabbits, Salt and Pepper - so cute.
He is trying to breed them.
Oh no, there may be a rabbit in my future.
I asked him about the stove that he put in the structure he made 
out of old doors and he told me yes it does work.
His wife has already baked a cake in it.

Kermit will be 80 next week.
Always interesting to talk to him.

☀️    🥾    😊

Food shopping at Casselman's this morning.
On the way home we were behind one of those HUGE turbine blades!!

Did some house chores and in the afternoon went outside.
It was warm in the sun and cool in the shade.
Walked around Happy Trails and then puttered around outside
the house.  Next week I'll be able to plant some annuals.

Love these sunny cool days.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Tuesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🤗


Comment Replies:
Deb - You remembered correctly, my birthday is coming up next week, May 30.

Ginny - Farmer Marvin has a few pastures around this area but also has some
in PA and WV so I won't be seeing all the cows.  The 20 pair that he put in the pasture down the road I will see. I stopped down the road from my house on the way to town to take this picture.  I think I'd be happy there if I were a cow. :)


12 comments:

Tom said...

...you certainly live in a beautiful area.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love you always answer everyone's questions, even if you don't know the answer. The movable chicken coop sounds adorable! Now for my question. What purpose will he be breeding rabbits for?

Mari said...

I think that spot makes happy cows too!
Kermit sounds like he's very interesting. Sounds like he stays very busy too!

William Kendall said...

Very peaceful views.

Visits With Mary said...

That white iris is beautiful. I don't remember ever seeing a white one.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Happy birthday next week, Karen! :-)

Ann said...

That chicken house sure sounds interesting. I would love to see his wife baking a cake on that outdoor stove.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The cows do look like they have a happy place. A moveable chicken coop sounds interesting. Love the white iris, very pretty. Take care, enjoy your day!

Debbie said...

Rabbits are fun to have! We bought one for my youngest son, when he was about 10 or so, and she lived for 5 years and got huge! We bought a leash for her and he would walk her in the yard. Then we built a huge house and pen for her to live in and she really thrived. Sweet memories.

Hill Top Post said...

So now we know more about Kermit. I like that he keeps busy with his projects. Who knows, you might end up with not only a rabbit, but a slice of cake baked in the outdoor stove.

Bill said...

Kermit sounds like a nice guy.

ellen b. said...

Another lovely Iris. I like to read about your interaction with others you see in your town.