Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, May 22, 2023

Cows out to pasture

 45 degrees when I started walking this morning and sunny
with some high thin clouds which made the sun look like a glowing ball.


Sunrise 5:57
Morning Walk Steps 13,413


Walked to the library and dropped off a DVD and then over
to the post office to mail a birthday card to a friend.

Next walked up and down all the streets in town.
Around the lower cemetery and up to the other cemetery.
Didn't see anyone else out today except for Farmer Marvin who
was at the big barn.
The cows and their calves have been moved out of the barn now
and into many different pastures.
I will miss seeing them but I'm sure they'd rather be roaming around outside.


There are just a few cows left down at the end of the barn.

20 pairs of cows and calves have been put in the pasture down the
road from my house.

Leaving the barn I went to the ball park to walk around the loop
a couple of times and then back to the Jeep.

Thought it would be fun to watch this garden grow.
It looks so nice and neat with the plants planted on little hills.


Another Iris has bloomed in the same yard I took the picture of
the light purple one the other day.
I like this dark one too.


๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿฅพ    ☀️

Sheets washed and hung out on the line this morning and got a 
 start on this weeks house cleaning.

After lunch I was outside trying to control some weeds.
Weeded some out of the gravel and did a some mowing out back.
Pretty hard going though with such uneven rocky terrain.

I enjoyed my time afterward sitting on the front porch knitting.
I'm still working on the pillow.
It is red and I was sitting near the hummingbird feeder.
The hummer must have been attracted to my red yarn because
it hovered right in front of me checking it out.
Pretty cool to be so close to the bird!!

Well that's been my Monday so far.
Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Monday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ™‚

17 comments:

Tom said...

...I have yet to see iris, ou Siberian iris have buds.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love the mist over the pond! And the deep purple Iris is beautiful! So will the cows be visible in the fields when you walk?

Mari said...

I love the pond with the mist hanging over it! I bet you're right, the cows are happy to be outside.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That dark purple Iris is beautiful. If memory serves, your birthday is coming up soon too, isn't it?!? See you again tomorrow. :-)

Granny Marigold said...

I've had that experience too, having a hummingbird hover close to my face. It's quite amazing. That dark purple Iris is lovely. I can't remember if I have one that colour ๐Ÿ‘

Ann said...

I can't get over how huge that barn is.
That iris is so pretty. I really like that color.
What an amazing experience with the humming bird.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty views of the sun and the pond. The iris is beautiful.
The hummingbirds can be very curious, I have had them hovering near me too.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Debbie said...

You've just reminded me to put out some hummingbird water. Also, the hovering made me think of a nest that is built right above my mom's front door and there are 4 babies. She now has to use another door because the momma bird is so aggressive, it keeps dive bombing her when she walks out onto the porch. Spring has sprung! :)

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful photo of the pond. Thanx Happyone.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

I will, indeed, be fun to see that garden grow. I hope you will keep us updated.
The iris is such a pretty shade of purple.
How sweet that the hummingbird came so close to check out your red yarn.

Retired Knitter said...

I had a humming bird check me out one time when I was sitting on my sister’s front porch. At first I thought it was some kind of a bee from the sound. They are pretty tiny birds.

Jeanette said...

Occasionally one of the hummingbirds at our feeder does that too! I love it!

William Kendall said...

Quite something being that close to a hummer.

Bill said...

The pond with the mist over it is a beauty.

Rose said...

A nice day! And I love that pic of the pond with the mist rising...

ellen b. said...

That's a fun encounter with the hummingbird! Sounds like a good productive day.

Hill Top Post said...

I am sure the cattle are happy to be out to pasture. They get so hungry for green grass after a long winter. The hummingbirds sometimes hover near my face too. I suppose they are just inquisitive, but I like to think that's their way of being friendly.