Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, May 04, 2023

7 days


A drizzly morning walk today and 39 degrees.

Walked over to the ball park first and around the loop a few times.
The stream behind the path is pretty muddy from all the rain and snow.

 
From there continued through town and up and down
the streets.

Then it was to the cemetery on top of the hill and around there too.

Took this picture walking up to the cemetery.
The field is ready for planting.
Some years Farmer Marvin plants corn and other years soy beans.
Wonder what it will be this year.


Didn't walk around the other cemetery because it was too soggy there.

Walked up and down the main road again.

Noticed this Challenger for sale at the car dealers.


Don't know why but was surprised how expensive it was
and this was a Red Tag Special.
$44,417


The first new car I bought when I started working was a
1970 Challenger Special Edition - red of course.
Want to guess what I paid for it.
$3,500
and people thought I was crazy spending so much money on a car.
Tried to find a picture of my car but couldn't find one.

Didn't see anyone else out walking.

๐Ÿฅพ     ๐ŸŒจ    ☁️    ๐Ÿ˜Š

Ken asked if I'd make some English Muffin Loaves so I did.
That will be tomorrows breakfast.

A nice day at home.
Work in the morning and fun in the afternoon.
Reading and knitting.

Was another dreary day.
The seventh in a row that it either rained or snowed.
Tomorrow is supposed to be nice.๐Ÿ˜Š

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Thursday.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ™‚


Comment Replies:
Ginny - The light you see in yesterdays picture are my headlights.  You can find the
Spicy Chicken recipe HERE.

Nellie - It is not unusual here to get one last snow in May.  It melts quickly at this time of year though. Not until the end of May is it safe for planting plants because we could get frost.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...in 1973 we bought our first house and 15 acres of land for $40,00.00!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for the recipe; it looks really good! I wonder if this car is so expensive because it is a classic?

Mari said...

I like that photo of the field and barn. Spring is such a pretty time.
The cost of vehicles is crazy!

Debby said...

Wow, must be because it is a classic. I sold my half of my dad's t-bird to my sister for $15,000. It was worth upwards of $50,000 15/16 years ago. It was in mint condition. They are only worth that much, if someone is willing to pay that much.

Ann said...

Love that care but that price, yikes. I remember when you could buy a house for $44,000. Actually I think my original mortgage was 45,000.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the view in the first photo. Cars are very expensive!
Take care, have a happy weekend!

Tony Adams said...

That car looks a bit like my new car...I love two door coupe's...how can you resist...you get what you pay for after all and good looking cars cost a lot.. Incidentally my first house cost UK£6000 in 1975...the good old days ?????? maybe in some ways but for sure not in others...Regards.

Debbie said...

My husband drove a Challenger for a few years. Of course he loved it, but it's not practical when you need to haul stuff (or grandkids), so off it went.

I hope you get a pretty day today!

Deb J. in Utah said...

We bought a 2020 Charger brand new a couple of years ago. We didn't pay that much for it, but some of the Chargers with different features can get pricey. My husband drives the Charger and he loves it. He is a "muscle car" guy. ;-) I am glad you are going to have nicer weather for the weekend. See you again soon!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Nice car.

God bless.

Bill said...

Cars are pretty spendy these days.

Granny Marigold said...

Heavy rain at night and cloudy, chilly morning. We went to do the grocery shopping so missed our walk. Feels more like winter than spring today.

William Kendall said...

Quite a car, but I have a rather negative opinion of the sort of people who drive them.

ellen b. said...

Wow! $3500 for a Dodge Challenger. I think my Volkswagon that I bought was $1900. A friend of ours got $31,000 on a trade in of her 5 year old Toyota Forerunner. We're on the west side of the mountains for the weekend and have not had dry weather yet.