Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, May 03, 2023

Winter Wonderland in May

32 degrees and snowing
Sunrise 6:15
Morning Walking Steps 13,427

I'm at the end of my driveway here heading to town.


Walked to the post office first to mail a birthday card.
I realized I forgot to lock the Jeep so walked back and locked it.

From there I walked over to the ball park and around
that loop a few times and then up and down the main road
and side streets.

Next went around the lower cemetery and then walked up the hill
to the other cemetery and walked around there a couple of times.

The cows were eating again and this one made me laugh
with all the hay on his face.


Didn't see anyone else out this morning.

I made a mini snowman.


It was actually nice walking in the falling snow.

Some pictures I took along the way.





🌨    🥾    🙂

Pancakes today for breakfast.

Usual house chores this morning.

After lunch we went to the library.
Picked up 2 DVD's that Ken reserved and a book for me.

Started sewing the weave-its together for the baby blanket.
Then did some reading.

Made Spicy Chicken Sandwiches for supper.

By now the snow is gone but it continues to rain.

That's all I've got for today.
Thanks for visiting.
Happy Wednesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

17 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

What are you doing getting snow in May!?

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you did get quite the late season snow storm. Glad you had a good day. See you again tomorrow.

Vee said...

It would look pretty in January. Glad it is gone now. Hope that the flowers and tender leaves are not damaged.

Tom said...

...I love snow, but not in May!!!

William Kendall said...

Pancakes are good for a cold day.

Nellie said...

Is snow at this time of year unusual for your location? It’s pretty and doesn’t appear to have created difficulties for you. Those cows! Very entertaining!

Mari said...

The pictures are really very pretty, but I am so ready for the snow to be done. I do like your little snowman!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your snowman is really good, and well proportioned. The cow with the hay all over his face is too funny!!! Your first photo has a light of some kind in the center of the snow, maybe the moon or your porch light? How did you make the sandwich?

Ann said...

It sure does look pretty but snow in May is just crazy. I like your little snowman.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Snow again ... how wonderful.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty snowy landscapes! I love the cows and snowman, so cute.
Take care, have a great day!

Debbie said...

What a beautiful scene! I can't believe it's May and you're still seeing snow! And the cow is so adorable :) But I love cows, so....

Sounds like a perfectly cozy day :)

ellen b. said...

Yikes for being able to make a mini snowman in May! Nice you can still walk. Fun straw face!

Happy@Home said...

It's not often we see a snowman in May. I like how you make the most of things despite the weather.

Bill said...

The mini snowman probably has left the area.

Debby said...

I'd smile too over that silly cow with hay all over his face. Cute.

Your snowman is pretty good. Glad you finally got some snow.

Rose said...

That little snowman will make someone smile. Love your snow photos.